Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Would You Store These?

Don't know if you'd call it a problem. I just wanted to make some kind of containment for these testers that might make them easily usable and organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Don't know if you'd call it a problem. I just wanted to make some kind of containment for these testers that might make them easily usable and organized.

That looks like a handy set to have. They look to be all metric. Where did you buy them?
    Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    That looks like a handy set to have. They look to be all metric. Where did you buy them?
    Thanks,
    David
    Got both metric and SAE(?) on Amazon. Not cheap, but I've needed this many times, so this time I just broke down and got the set.

Drill holes in a block of wood. Doesn’t take long. Nothing worse than laying under a piece of machinery and fighting the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Got both metric and SAE(?) on Amazon. Not cheap, but I've needed this many times, so this time I just broke down and got the set.

Thanks Derek! I will take a look.
    David

My first thought was a short bolt of each size epoxied to a board and screw them to it—then I realized that adding a nut of each size and you’d have a shop made version of the boards I’ve seen mounted at Ace Hardware. A few months ago I picked up some of rockler’s storage foam, found that for things like wormwood screws I can just screw them in without drilling—actually kind of takes a thread.
    earl

Another for for the magnet strip.

An alternative to a set of different-sized holes might be a tapered dado/slot. I have something similar for sockets.

Toss em in loose. It will be fun

Magnet seems to me to be best idea.

This sketch may work too, 1/4 ply backing 4x10 or so with 1/4" stock to make a wall around them
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by George Yetka; 09-27-2021 at 6:52 AM. Reason: words

My wife has a blanket on the top of Kasey's dog crate (Kasey is out BlueTick/Great Pyrenees mix).
    I'd just toss them all- loose - on the blanket on top of the crate, about 30 seconds after tearing them out of the package they came in.

Months later, when I needed one and found my wife had picked them up and moved them & had no idea what I was yelling about "growing legs and walking away" - I'd go sit down at the computer to reorder them online.
    That of course would mean that I'd get distracted - sometimes by coming here to SMC to whine about it - sometimes to look for a picture of some young girl in a bikini that I could download and use as my "wallpaper" (to get even with my wife for hiding whatever it was that I wanted).

Bottom line here is - I could daisy chain them on wire, toss them loose or build a nice little box with box joints (using my Incra jig that's in the garage and not on Kasey's crate) & the end result would be the same. They would end up on top of Kasey's crate.

Or - Quigley's crate.....Quigley is our Treeing Walker/Great Pyrenees mix. His crate has a blanket on top too. That's where I put my Makita compact router kit that grew legs and hid from me for over a year.

Moral - don't do what I do....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon