Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heating/Cooling 2000 sq. ft. shop in Southern Indiana

When you get into the range of 6" duct, things get pretty forgiving. You don't necessarily need maximum efficiency and airflow, just enough airflow and efficiency. You can drive yourself nuts trying to maximize your system. Chances are, whatever design fits and is easy to install will be just fine, and unless the design is really bad, any improvement will be pretty marginal.

Blog Entries
    I have 1200 sq ft with 10' ceilings. 2x6 walls with R-19 and R-30 in the ceilings. Two 18k mini splits on perpendicular walls are what "my guy" (35 years in HVAC) came up with running the math. They have proven to be just great. In your space I might go with 3 units dividing the required capacity.
    Take me to the hotel - Baggage gone, oh well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    When you get into the range of 6" duct, things get pretty forgiving. You don't necessarily need maximum efficiency and airflow, just enough airflow and efficiency.
    Good point. The fact that they were specifying 7 " duct out of the input port may have some bearing on their suggestion.

Cliff
    Mudhead: "Doesn't Louise count?" Porgy: "Only to 10, Mudhead."

I'm going with Oneida on this, with the proviso that you use long radius elbows. And I'd lower the DC to a workable level in the shed so you don't need so much elevation to work on it. Just run straight thru the wall then 90 up to the truss space for your main run.

Not to throw doubt on your plan, but how long will you be in this shop? You are putting quite a bit of money into it.