Thread: Trotec Ruby Software

Trotec Ruby Software

Yesterday I attended a Trotec event Here in St. Louis. I went mostly to see the new Ruby software. The reason I'm posting this is that for the time being Ruby is free to Trotec owners but I'm hearing that the free offer may end October 31, 2021.

If you follow this link you can see what it's all about. You need a pc with Windows 10.

https://www.troteclaser.com/en-us/la...software/ruby/
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

is ruby authenticated online before each session? what i'm getting at is: are the current users of ruby all about to be blocked when it transitions to a paid version (at around $900 if I remember correctly) Or if I download it today can I continue to use my copy indefinitely? And what ever happened to Job Control Cut. Is that a thing still or did it get rolled into Ruby? Last question: is the job time estimator functional yet in Ruby? At the bare minimum it has to do everything JC does before justifying spending anything at all on it. If I can't calculate my quotes I can't be bothered to take them seriously. (btw I love trotec and praise their hardware and dependability but software should be included in the purchase price. Especially at these prices. How long until JC gets quietly phased out?
    Trotec Speedy 360 80watt, Woodworking, screenprinting, paper marbling and an all around assortment of art supplies.
    I make art, my laser makes money. which i spend on art tools like lasers.
    MAKE it 'til you make it.

Dave
    In my experience Trotec has a history of being generous with their software. I've never had to pay for anything in my 15 years as a Trotec owner.

I have not downloaded Ruby as I'm still feeling my way with a new pc with Win 10 Pro. The job estimator is handy and I'm sure that it is still there but I did not ask that question at the demo I attended.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

We mostly use the JobControl software still. The estimating feature isn't yet available in Ruby. There is one feature I do like in Ruby, is the ability to ignore overlapping lines when doing a cut. can save some time when doing jobs, instead of manually doing it in Corel.
    Trotec Speedy 360 - 80W, Graphtec CE6000-60, Brother GTX, Sawgrass SG400

I watched a Trotec Ruby webinar this week and learned that Ruby will be free for downloading through Nov. 30, 2021. Also that Ruby can be loaded and used independent of Job Control--so you can have both on your computer.

I'll be downloading mine next week.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I need to spend some time getting familiar with it as JCX going away would kill me. Are there any video tutorials available on it you’d recommend Mike?

Take a look at the Trotec site. I just watched part of the webinar. You can have both Ruby and JC on your computer so you can dictate when you want to remove JC, if ever.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Good Ruby article in (free) Graphics Pro magazine - on line and hard copy.
    355 - 10400 : )

My Trotec rep paid me a visit yesterday and installed the latest Job Control and the new Ruby software.

The reason for this post is that my rep confirmed that Ruby will not be free after Nov. 30. Trotec owners should contact their rep or tech support prior to Dec, 1,2021 if they want Ruby for free.

The job estimator feature will be added to Ruby in December. You can have both Ruby and Job Control on your computer at the same time but they will not run simultaneously. Job Control will remain as an alternative operating program for the foreseeable future.

I will be using Job Control until I feel comfortable with Ruby and I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to offer advice on Ruby at this time.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7