Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motor for Router Table

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    I would think something like a flex pipe for a dryer connected to the bottom would be all that's needed to pull in fresh air but not be too much to impact a dust collector if the spindle is inside a box for dust control.
    I mentioned air cooled because you really cannot invert the water cooled versions I suspect...although I could be wrong about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Water cooled spindles are pumped coolant and as long as the air is purged should have no issues running in any orientation.

I use Bosch MRF23EVS for my router table: link from Amazon.

Plenty of power and it avoid a special router base plate as I attached directly the router and its fixed base at a DIY base (it is possible to adjust cut deep from the bottom of the base).
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Has anyone tried using any of the following routers:
    Portamate PM-P254, Grizzly T32461 or the Spinrite? They are all the same router basically with a different paint job. We know the PC7518s are gone and the Milwaukee 5625 seems to be out of stock for quite a while.

I will go into a router table.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    Has anyone tried using any of the following routers:
    Portamate PM-P254, Grizzly T32461 or the Spinrite? They are all the same router basically with a different paint job. We know the PC7518s are gone and the Milwaukee 5625 seems to be out of stock for quite a while.

I will go into a router table.
    I did find out the Spinrite from Woodpecker does have a better er20 collet over the PM-P254, as well as a soft start. While they look identical, they are not. Portamata now has out a new model, the 6200 that has those two features.

Either way, I ordered a woodpecker router table today, but will set it up for now with my porter cable 690 and upgrade to the bigger router later. I just need new pads which are about 30 bucks to make the larger router fit.

I use a Bosch 1617EVS in a cast iron table. Has served well for close to ten years. But I don't do high duty cycle production work, so my experience doesn't really speak to that.

I got a Hitachi M12V a few years ago for 200.00 new and it came with a nice fence, 2 collets and some centering attachments. Dust shroud works well with my shop vac and the 15 amp motor sounds smooth and not that loud to me. It can be adjusted from atop the table with a 1/4" drive square hand extension because I ground down a cheap collet and inserted it into the router where the lifting screw goes. You have to reach under the table and lock, unlock the locking mechanism when making adjustments, but it is not that bad at all to do.
    Don't know why it is not that popular a router.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    Milwaukee 5625 seems to be out of stock for quite a while.
    Grizzly has them. According to their web site anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    Grizzly has them. According to their web site anyway.
    Seems they do. For now, I'll just use my 690. It's been powerful enough so far. In talking with woodpecker's rep said they only had a couple, out of hundreds or so that were a problem. He said 1 customer order a few of them and is using them in production cnc work with no issues.