Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt 735 vs cutech vs wahuda planers

Dewalt 735 vs cutech vs wahuda planers

Have it down to these three. Dewalt seems to be the standard but can get the other to with helical heads and tungsten carbide teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Justin m roberts View Post
    Have it down to these three. Dewalt seems to be the standard but can get the other to with helical heads and tungsten carbide teeth
    I have the cutech and can only say great things about it. For the price it’s an amazing tool.

The dust collection is excellent, the fence is pretty solid. The two issues I have with it is that it is only 8 inches wide and not very long. The slide out extensions work ok but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rutman View Post
    ...it is only 8 inches wide and not very long.
    An 8" wide planer?? Maybe you have the jointer. ...on 2nd thought, are you in Europe? From what I've read, Planer and jointer are flipped in definition between U.S. and Europe.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Yes we are talking planers

Justin,

Here's a link to Cutech USA products. It' doesn't show an 8" planer. I does show 8" jointers. https://cutechtools.us/

The planers are either 12 1/2" or 13" .
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Yes the post was to compare those three planers

I have the Dewalt with OEM blades. It’s a great machine. Rock solid and rarely any snipe when set up properly. It weighs almost 100 pounds, so I wouldn’t consider it portable. I have it mounted on the dedicated Dewalt mobile stand. Excellent dust collection simply by attaching a 5 micron bag (from Rocker) to the exhaust port, so no need for a separate collector. Admittedly it is loud (I’ve read that it is louder than other bench top planers), but that’s due to the built in fan for the chip ejector. I’ll bet other planers are just as loud when run simultaneously with a shop vac or larger dust collector.

first, cutech & wahuda are the same thing. they just changed the name. I have a 735, and a cutech 13 inch planer. I used the 735 for 20? yrs. and the screaming issue , and the soft dewalt blades were my only complaint.( I did buy aftermarkets that were much better) I bought a cutech 13 inch planer and really, really like it. Quieter, & great finish on the wood. I liked it so much I bought their 8 inch jointer too, to replace my 30 yr old delta 6 " cast iron jointer. Love not having to fiddle with sharpening the blades.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Sorry, misread, I have jointer

Hi Justin,

I have the Cutech for over a year now. Bought the one with snipe lock and carbide tipped cutters. Nice machine and don't regret it. The one thing about the Cutech is that's it's not a true helical or spiral cutter head. It has ~26 staggered cutters, but it's not the same quality as a byrd cutter that is optional in the Dewalt. But then you're up to around $1000 when you modify the Dewalt and add the shelix cutter. The Cutech is around ~650 with shipping.

I posted a review on Youtube if you want to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vsQadxOx0&t=3s

so if your were buying today would you buy the cutech or the dewalt?

I moved from a DW734, wanted the 735 with a helical cutter, and saw that Jet the JWP-13BT helical-style which I went with, only had it a couple months so far I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin m roberts View Post
    so if your were buying today would you buy the cutech or the dewalt?
    Hey Justin, if I had to buy again today, that requires a long answer depending on a few items.

The battle over a straight knife Dewalt vs the Cutech? I'd go Cutech all the way. The Cutech is a Taiwanese made machine and seems really well built. I detest straight knives and the ear splitting noise a lunch box planer generates. I've yet to turn the edges on my Cutech, although they seem to be getting dull and need to flip the blades around. They come with 2 edges. If I had the Dewalt, I'd probably be on my 2nd or 3rd set of knives. The time and expense of resharpening and resetting. The Cutech is the same cost or cheaper in the long run.

Will the Dewalt with a Shelix best the Cutech? Yup, it's a far better cutterhead. But now you're talking a $1000 Dewalt vs $650 Cutech. And the labor of you installing the new cutterhead on your own. But long term the Dewalt may make you happier because of the Shelix cutterhead.

Here are a few others I'd consider with a better cutterhead pre-installed.

https://olivermachinery.net/12-5in-planer

https://www.grizzly.com/products/gri...tterhead/g0940

Also, Wahuda has a new 2 speed planer that is similar to the Cutech. I wish I had a slower speed on my Cutech to help with less tear out.

https://www.wahudatools.com/product/...ner-two-speed/

Lots of great choices and there's really no bad machine of all the above.
    Last edited by Robert London; 09-21-2021 at 12:10 PM.

well i ordered a cutech 40800 with tungston carbide. we will see how it works out. thanks all for the replys

Do you happen to have any drawings of the cart you made for yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert London View Post
    Hi Justin,

I have the Cutech for over a year now. Bought the one with snipe lock and carbide tipped cutters. Nice machine and don't regret it. The one thing about the Cutech is that's it's not a true helical or spiral cutter head. It has ~26 staggered cutters, but it's not the same quality as a byrd cutter that is optional in the Dewalt. But then you're up to around $1000 when you modify the Dewalt and add the shelix cutter. The Cutech is around ~650 with shipping.

I posted a review on Youtube if you want to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vsQadxOx0&t=3s