Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How Do I Make A Copy Of This???

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    I've seen this technique used in steel tool holder manufacturing.
    Dog boning is super common, I use it all the time on fixtures and work holding. My guess was the OP likely wanted some crisp pocket as he mentioned I think this is some sort base or some component of what looks to be a counter top sharpening setup.

The dog bones are most definitely handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    This is a pin router attachment for router tables. Purchased from Lee Valley it is the best quality pin router I could find. I use it to edge route plaques but it is a very flexible way to route several types of jobs. You could fasten your project to a solid surface blank, follow the interior edge using the top bearing surface with the router bit underneath cutting the underside of the solid surface blank. Make sure you select the same diameter bearing to match your router bit.

I own a CNC Router which is how I would machine your project but this method is foolproof and easy to reproduce a project like yours. Since I often route 3 to 4 hundred door signs on the average project I stopped using a router bit with a bearing because the bearings get clogged up with Corian dust very frequently.
    Keith, I think the pin router attachment is the way to go, although I can't find it on Lee Valley's website. I see other attachments from other makers. Let me know if you can find it. Looks like I can just locate the original part on top of the work piece, then follow the inset and hog out the rest. Thanks so much!

Owners Manual - Check out the owners manual, lots of pictures that show how it works.

Lee Valley

SKU 05J3701
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-27-2021 at 9:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Owners Manual - Check out the owners manual, lots of pictures that show how it works.

Lee Valley

SKU 05J3701
    Thanks Keith. I saw that, but couldn't find anyone that still has it. I ended up ordering one from MLCS. It's not very pretty and refined, but it looks like it does the same thing. Guess I'll find out.

I just called Veritas to find out if they still sold the pin router and found out it was discontinued awhile back. Sorry for sending you outdated information.
    The MLCS pin router should work for you though, don't forget that you can use the pin router and templates to cut letters and numbers should you ever have the need.

No worries. The Veritas one is cool looking, but probably would cost a lot more than the no-frills one I'm getting. Actually, I can see several uses for it and it's the perfect solution to my question, so thank you.