Thread: Firefox/Youtube problem....

Firefox/Youtube problem....

When I do a mouse over on a video in the preview pane using Firefox the the video preview pane gets larger. It never used to do this and i want to get rid of this behavior yet i dont know what/where to click. Can anyone help me with this?

Blog Entries
    Not sure if it has anything to do with an autostart plug in or not.

One of my browsers does pretty much nothing. The other plays a few fames of the video.

Both have auto start set.

Did your browser get upgraded recently or did you add a feature?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I think they made a change at Youtube. As Jim says if you put your mouse over a video on the home page it would play a loop of a small part of the video. Now if you put your mouse over a video it says at the bottom "keep hovering to play" and it plays the whole video without having to click on it,,,,, if you do click on it you get the usual screen to see that video... progress???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Not sure if it has anything to do with an autostart plug in or not.

One of my browsers does pretty much nothing. The other plays a few fames of the video.

Both have auto start set.

Did your browser get upgraded recently or did you add a feature?

jtk
    no I only reset the browser because it was acting up....after a bit of finagling it is more less as it was. Plus the change to the video does not help.

Something that I find useful on Firefox is troubleshoot mode. It's under my 'help' menu. If that doesn't work there's probably something going on with the web site.

Youtube has been making a lot of changes recently so I wouldn't necessarily blame your browser. The Youtube Roku app recently would start playing the video in the thumbnail preview if you moved your "cursor" over that video. Really annoying, but I found a setting to turn it off.

I have also noticed that on my devices, and it's a positive from my POV.
    There's a little speaker icon there; besides the closed captioning, if I find I want to "play" the video, I do the hover, click the speaker to hear the dialogue and there's NO COMMERCIALS!
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

I wasn't aware of the no ads thing with the previews. I pay for Youtube Premium so I never see any ads unless I am not logged into Youtube.