Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New (to me) General 350 Table Saw

The trunnion bolts are independent of the bolts holding down the top. I think my next step is to remove all but one bolt, loosen the fourth and rotate the top until I can access the slots and enlarge them. If that doesn't work I'll try to lift the top up and get some blocking under it to give the access. I have a car scissor jack but no engine hoist (or place to store one).
    Helps to know others have had same issue and solved by enlarging slots.

Success removed all the bolts, rotating the top to access the slots didn't work but I was able to tip the top up and block it with a 2 x 4 and access the slots which aren't actually slots just oversized holes. Enlarged them slightly, reassembled and got it down to 11 thou, repeated the process and ground a bit more and got it down to 4 thou, tightened up the bolts and remeasured 7 thou. Backed off three bolts tapped it back to 4 thou but when tightened slipped to 7 thou again. Since it was towed out left it at 7 thou.

If the trunion is the thing that holds the blade the whole assembly then id say its moved. Likely your saw was not so far off that someone used it with no issues. Be sad if the factory pumped it out that way originally and it seems unusual that you have to grind but I sort of remember i ground mine and maybe even drilled locating holes ill have to look. Top was off one of these when I started. Antique memory no help.

Hi Doug,

I have a 2003 General 650 with a Bessy fence. That gap you described is 7/8 in on my machine.

~mark

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Anybody out there with a Bessy, mind checking the gap between the vertical leg of the front 3" x 3" angle (ie front rail) and the 3" x 2" guide tube that the tee section rides on. Looks like about 3/4" should work, same as the Delta T2. Since I'm using all new tube and angles I need drill new holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    Hi Doug,

I have a 2003 General 650 with a Bessy fence. That gap you described is 7/8 in on my machine.

~mark
    Thanks Mark, I found a video by Ask Woodman who confirmed the 3/4" so I went with that and it works fine.

Just checked it at 45 degree tilt, harder to do as the depth probe on my micrometer meets the blade at an angle and easily deflects but measuring from the left (right tilt blade) I get either 5 or 9 thou so average 7 thou same as at 90 degrees, measuring from the right side I get 0 so I'm happy.