Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop-built Plywood Question

the old guys are gone, we never thought to video them. One I knew best doing 6' thick church doors in his teens.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 10-05-2021 at 12:10 PM.

David
    Thanks for the response clearly based on good solid experience. I'll take your advice to go closer to the edge on this.

I'll watch for the book. Publishing for a narrow readership is challenging. This book promises to be worth the cost even if I never build another door.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sochar View Post
    Kevin, well it is the best bench. The photo was labeled "Second Best" in the line up for the book. It is a jpg file, and publishers want tiff files. So, only tiff photos are 'First' rated photos. I love the bench dearly, and only the second bench in the shop is my second favorite.

Funny you should mention it, but the book is done, and is being printed this week. It should be available next week at all the online outlets. Underline 'should' since nothing in the publishing has happened the way we thought it would happen. It has taken about 6 months just for editing.

"Small Shop Production of Custom Wood Doors" will be a bit expensive, but will easily be worth if for anyone interested in the subject. About 30 drawings and 25 photos will help explain what in the heck I'm talking about. As we have all lamented before, there just is no good published info. Even the Internet, gawd bless it, is hit and miss on reliable info. Thanks for the opportunity to plug the book, but I was hoping for an interview from Oprah.
    David, that's great to hear. I will look for it. I was hoping it would cover a wider range of millwork, but I guess I will have to wait for the sequel.

I have learned a lot from your posts on Woodweb. I particularly remember your descriptions of marking the slat cuts for a bullseye louver and a uniquely flexible method of building curved stair stringers.

You are one of the best of many woodworkers who have shared their hard-earned knowledge online and in-person over the years. I thank you and all the others for your generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    the old guys are gone, we never thought to video them. One I knew best doing 6' thick church doors in his teens.
    Some of them are gone. Now we are the old guys. How did this happen? I don't feel like an old man, I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him.