Thread: Desktop Computer Repair

Desktop Computer Repair

There's that pit of the stomach feeling when the computer goes black, when you think of the cost and especially the inconvenience of replacing a computer. This Mac has been working perfectly for 4 years but today it just quit. Wife whimpered for help. I'm a poor source of tech support but I'll try.

Fret fret fret

Why has the wired mouse also gone to sleep? Power! the UPS has bit the dust! nope, the power cord has fallen out of the back of the machine. Phew...resume happy monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    ...Why has the wired mouse also gone to sleep? Power! the UPS has bit the dust! nope, the power cord has fallen out of the back of the machine. Phew...resume happy monitoring.
    Yay, an easy "fix!" What a huge relief!!

One of my desktops also died a while back. In my case a UPS and the computer motherboard actually did bite the dust from a surge from a lightning strike, along with a cable modem, two wifi routers, a TV, the garage door opener, several GFCIs, and the fence charger in the horse pasture. New equipment and a new motherboard and everything is humming again.

JKJ

Glad it was an easy fix !

But this is a reminder to back things up !