Thread: For Local Relief Sale

For Local Relief Sale

For local Relief Sale held at our County Fairgrounds on Oct 1-2. (The sale is a joy - quilts, pies, cakes, you name it.). Although not a Mennonite I am honored to offer this for their worthy cause. The table is a modification on a through tenon design Mission End Table. (The slats are tough to do BTW.). 13/16 cherry with 2” legs, drawer is dovetailed. I made the mistake of using Target Cherry Toner which is brutal to deal with - love most of their products - especially EM 2000 and EM 6000 (which is what this is finished with plus a catalyst). Will not use it again. Will use Watco and let it dry for 3 days. As an experiment I used my small Domino and 8mm tenons on the rear and pocket screws on the sides. Next time I will use the Domino exclusively if I do not do through tenons. Reason I sent this in is because my wife told me, gasp, it is beautiful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very nice, my wife will not see this at this time as she would insist I build it right now for her

Great looking table. Nice job.

Very well done Thomas - not only the table but the intent as well. Good on ya.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Very nice and very kind of you to contribute to their cause.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Noble exercise and excellent table.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!