Thread: Custom Patio Table with Drop in Ice Box or BBQ pit Insert

Custom Patio Table with Drop in Ice Box or BBQ pit Insert

I want to build a custom outdoor (under cover) table with interchangeable drop in ice box and drop in BBQ insert. Table top surface will be left over ceramic tiles. Venting is a separate issue I hope to not derail this thread with. Table and chairs will be under an 8' ceiling, well vented outdoors and protected from all but sideways rain
    I am having very tough time finding someone that makes both and I have no real metal fabrication ability. Ice box to hold a dozen beers/sodas is enough.

Ice box can be plastic as long as it has a drain. BBQ insert needs a grill of course. A cover for both (interchangeable) is preferable or separate covers is okay. I plan to use charcoal and not propane for BBQ. I see the BBQ in the Korean style to cook small portions tableside

As an aside any good articles about design of a table with a BBQ insert is welcome.

I hope to start making sawdust before serious snow flies here in the northeast.

Check out the BBQGuys web site, they have drop in coolers and ice chests and built in grill inserts. Otherwise, searching for drop in cooler or drop in ice chest, and built in outdoor grill will find you other options.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Check out the BBQGuys web site, they have drop in coolers and ice chests and built in grill inserts. Otherwise, searching for drop in cooler or drop in ice chest, and built in outdoor grill will find you other options.
    Thanks, chatted with them but my idea doesn't seem like it's realistic, at least with that vendor

So you can have either a beer or a bbq, but not both at the same time? Hmph. I'd like to have a beer with my barbeque. I'd put the BBQ in the table top, and the beer in some sort of slide out or roll out thing under the table. Best of both worlds. And you don't get stuck in this problem of finding a beer cooler and a BBQ which are the same size.

Search online for DIY outdoor kitchen and grill island. There's lots of ideas and information as well as vendors that cater to the DIY'er.