Thread: WANTED The ELIMINTOR

WANTED The ELIMINTOR

Where can I find a turning tool called the eliminator. I t was made by Jack McDaniel of Jewelwood studios. It was sold by Craft Supplies and Packard Woodturners. They came in two sizes a 1/2 " and a 1" and the Hunter cuters will fit. I just found the 1/2" and I would like to find the large one
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-10-2021 at 9:36 PM.

I think they went out of business. They did have 3 sizes, with a smaller one. Mike did tell me that he doesn't have cutters for the small one.

robo hippy

He is out of business. I understand he sold around 1000 each before he closed and I am hoping to find used ones.

I liked the concept of it, with the set 45 degree flat sides. I would think that a round shaft would be much simpler to manufacture.

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hammock View Post
    Where can I find a turning tool called the eliminator. I t was made by Jack McDaniel of Jewelwood studios. It was sold by Craft Supplies and Packard Woodturners. They came in two sizes a 1/2 " and a 1" and the Hunter cuters will fit. I just found the 1/2" and I would like to find the large one
    I gave a spare Eliminator to someone on this forum. It was too close to some of the many Hunter tools I have and I didn't plan on ever using it. The angled sides were interesting but I thought they were too constraining for how I used similar tools.

I don't remember the size, but if I can find the contact info of the person I gave it to I could ask if he's still using it or want's to get rid of it. If he does, maybe he would offer it on Classifieds here.

Can you describe any of the dimensions of the one you have so if by chance that one is available we could see if it's the "large" one? I know a Hunter cutter fit it. Does the 1" size have a 1" shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hammock View Post

Hi Ben, I had no idea what an eliminator tool looked like so I looked it up on Google. Looking through the results I noticed discussions on two different wood turning forums titled "Hunter tool vs eliminator". Searching for this term may get you some interesting reading.Hope this helps you.
    James
    "

Eleminator

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I gave a spare Eliminator to someone on this forum. It was too close to some of the many Hunter tools I have and I didn't plan on ever using it. The angled sides were interesting but I thought they were too constraining for how I used similar tools.

I don't remember the size, but if I can find the contact info of the person I gave it to I could ask if he's still using it or want's to get rid of it. If he does, maybe he would offer it on Classifieds here.

Can you describe any of the dimensions of the one you have so if by chance that one is available we could see if it's the "large" one? I know a Hunter cutter fit it. Does the 1" size have a 1" shaft?
    There was 3 sizes made 1/2 , 5/8 , 1”
    I have the 1/2 I would like to find the 1” and the 5/8