Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disappointed with TS 55

Blog Entries
    Running the Mafell 85 on a 20amp circuit, no problem to speak of. I hook up a vacuum for dust but run the vac on another circuit so as not to strain things.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

A 12 gauge ext cord (should be) rated the same as 12 ga wire (20 amps) and 10’ of length shouldn’t be the problem. There was likely other loads on that circuit if you were having trouble starting a 15 amp tool.
    Nope - 20 amp GFI coming right from the sub panel with nothing else running on that circuit.
    Coleman 20 gal 5hp (yeah right - 15 amp but who knows what the real hp was ) compressor.

In cold weather it wouldn't start even when empty. In warm weather it would start empty, but, if it tried to run against pressure in the tank it would just sit there and hum.

My Milwaukee 5625-20 (3.5hp) is another one that doesn't care for an extension cord. It starts and runs, but, you can tell a difference in the sound of it plugged into the outlet & on a short extension cord.

The compressor is gone & I use the router in a table that I can get right next to an outlet.

I do wonder about our service sometimes though. We go through light bulbs like crazy & just about everything electric we run seems to have shorter lives than what everyone else experiences with similar stuff.

It would be just my luck to buy a really nice Malfell, then have it not run because of the draw.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    A couple people have mentioned Niece Lumber. They're in Lambertville NJ. 609 397 1200. I used to live just across the river. Lambertville has a couple interesting stores, Niece Lumber and Finkle's Hardware.
    Niece Lumber is a really good, locally owned outlet.

For folks not in this area, Finkles is an enigma these days...it's an old fashioned "hardware store" that's chock full of "stuff" floor to ceiling. A rare breed these days and one of the few left! If you come to the area for the arts and other attractions, they are worthy of a visit, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

So I pulled the trigger and bought a Mafell K85 EC with tracks and some accessories. My Festool TS55 was driving my crazy stalling in relatively thick wood that it should have been able to handle. If Festool had announced a replacement for the TS75 I would have, perhaps, waited on that, as I have plenty of rails for it, but the Mafell seemed in another league.

I'll post my thoughts of it when it arrives in a few days. Timberwolf Tools had it in stock, which surprised me. I've just been going with the assumption that everything is backordered these days.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, enjoy the new saw.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.