Thread: Magport question

Magport question

Has anyone here been using the the Magport system in their shop? If so, do they hold well , do they seal well, and are they worth the price?

I use a couple MagPorts for 2-1/2" flex hose connections that share a connection to my steel DC pipe. They work great, hold perfectly well, and don't leak (well, I've never really checked, but certainly no obvious leaking). And even a year or so of use, every time I hear the *click* of them connecting, I have a little smile.

I just bought a bunch for my new dust collection system. They seal well and hold tight. I was tired of clamping and unclamping band clamps every time I wanted to use a machine (all my machines are all on casters in a smaller shop). I spent about $300 for all I needed, which was a little hard to swallow for dust connections, but they are very well built and I figured by the time I bought the materials (mdf, magnets, hose unions) and spent the time making them, it was easier to just buy them.

I've been using them on my Hammer A3 31 for a few years. It makes it easy to shift the hose from jointer to planer mode. Never had a problem. Highly recommend them. Pricey but worth it.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

I use them to switch 4 and 5" hoses amonf several machines. They work well for me, especially after I've forgotten how much they cost. It was cheaper than running a bunch more hard piped connections.

I switched over to them for all my tools at 4" ... they are exceptional. Make it very easy to connect/disconnect.

Will add them to my Christmas list and see what happens. Thanks for the reply’s

I use them to connect my 5" dust collection hose to my J/P, router table, drill press, and table saw. I really like them, and think they are well worth the money.