Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logier rasps

Logier rasps

Placed an order for Logier’s equivalent of Nicholson’s 49 & 50 rasps in early July. Credit card charged & got a notice that order was being processed a couple weeks later. Have not received rasps & a couple emails of inquiry were not answered. Anybody else ordered recently? Not sure what is going on.

2. I think Liogier rasps are made after the order is placed. I ordered a float this spring, it tooks nearly two months to be delivered.

Blog Entries
    Shipments from overseas can take a while.

Many businesses are overwhelmed with emails and office workers not being able to work from the office.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

They are all on vacation in August: they are great rasps: be patient.

I ordered some rasps from them in early July. I got an email from them after I sent an inquiry. They said they hope to have it to me in mid October

Thanks for the information, I will be patient.

All my rasp are Logier. Noel has been quite busy and I believe these are made to order. Shipping overseas has been an issue the last couple of years. Took over 2 months for a couple of my saws to get delivered. In between the USPS couldn't tell me where they were. Not a good feeling. Sometimes items get tied up in customs for a couple of weeks at a time. On both sides of the pond. What USPS says and what is actually going on is sometimes two different things as well.

Got my Logier rasps from France today. They are beauties.

Me too, and they are great.

When I heard I wouldn't get them until October, I thought to myself there is no way I could use them on my current project. Somehow three months got away from me, and the rasps got here before I actually need them. I love it when a plan comes together.

Think you're going to really enjoy the rasps Mark. I got a 10" grain 9 cabinet maker and a 6" grain 13 modelers a few years ago and they're really quite indispensable - particularly the modelers which I use for a lot of problem solving. Has anyone tried the 6" modelers in any other grains? Was thinking of maybe grabbing a 15 grain and 9 or 10 grain to go along with the 13.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Arthur View Post
    Think you're going to really enjoy the rasps Mark. I got a 10" grain 9 cabinet maker and a 6" grain 13 modelers a few years ago and they're really quite indispensable - particularly the modelers which I use for a lot of problem solving. Has anyone tried the 6" modelers in any other grains? Was thinking of maybe grabbing a 15 grain and 9 or 10 grain to go along with the 13.
    My Auriou rasps are 13 & 15 grain. Both are fantastic. The 15 grain leaves a very nice surface with a little finesse and angling.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My Auriou rasps are 13 & 15 grain. Both are fantastic. The 15 grain leaves a very nice surface with a little finesse and angling.

jtk

Thanks Jim, think the 15 is certainly on the short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    Me too, and they are great.

When I heard I wouldn't get them until October, I thought to myself there is no way I could use them on my current project. Somehow three months got away from me, and the rasps got here before I actually need them. I love it when a plan comes together.
    Perfect timing Jacob!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Arthur View Post
    Dean, I am looking forward to using them - they seem to have a good bite to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

jtk
    Jim, I has a 13 grain Auriou. I imagine the 15 must leave a smooth surface. How does it compare to the surface left by a bastard mill file?