Thread: Sawzall not sawzalling anything

Sawzall not sawzalling anything

was just sawing a 3" cedar and the sawzall thumped a few times and is locked stuck. thats new after 30 years plus or whatever old it is. Am I missing anything or do I have to take it apart to see what is going on. I cant get the blade to move in our out its just locked in place. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    ...after 30 years plus or whatever old it is...
    I think you answered your own question.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I dont,

It was working perfectly as always, nothing loose lovely counter balance they have. It has had a hard life cutting out stump roots and more besides all the usual stuff. Always been fine and it could not care less.

Did you try smacking it on the ground and cussing at it.
    If it doesn’t fix it might help to get rid of unruly stress.
    Aj

well there was always some profanity flying but last years its just not the same. I dont know maybe too much to deal with over too many years and now its just one other thing, oh well ill fix it type of thing. Worst is you have momentum and are working and throws that off.

I looked on you tube and there lots of them being taken apart. This thing felt like it was going to go forever as it should have packed it in many years ago and didnt. First you tube I looked at showed it all down to the spindle. Never had it jam ever, just stuck in one position now, you could always move it in and out unplugged and when changing blades.

I wish I could help I’m same way with handheld saws and such. In my roofing days we would use them till the wheels fell off and buy new. For the very reason you mentioned. It’s just too Frustrating to have a saw quit during the task.
    Theres a guy on utube that takes apart all kinds of different tools. I don’t know if he’s done your sawzall .
    But he sure is funny. AvE is his channel.
    Good Luck Warren
    Aj