Thread: Mouse in the house

Mouse in the house

Was just heading off to bed when I saw a grey item whisk across the rug followed by a black cat, both quiet as shadows. They ran down the basement stairs, one going under a set of metal shelves and the other circling frantically. Went down to see if I could effect a rescue. He ran up the wall and paused, grey with pink nose and feet. I went for a jar to carry him in and he was gone when I looked again. Nothing to do but set the live trap, name him and go to bed. Good night John boy, good night lil Hickory.

Better get John Boy quick or you will have as many of those Walton's as Walton mountain had.

Nothing to do but set the live trap, name him and go to bed.
    The cat already named the mouse.....Lunch.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

It's that time of year. The cats always enjoy it, the mice not so much.

Blog Entries
    The mice in my shop have been taunting me. They have been licking the peanut butter off the traps. After a few more times and the feed regularly off the traps some string will be run through the trigger and covered in peanut butter. That should spring the trap.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 09-10-2021 at 1:47 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I put a dab of peanut butter right in the middle of those sticky traps and set them along the baseboards. They don't get out of those
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

If you have a couple try the spin traps. They are 6 bucks a piece but effective just pick it up and toss it. If you have many youtube bucket trap

If you have one you have more. They aren't single births. I've found the Tomcat brand traps to be very effective. Super sensitive paddle type "trigger". No touch necessary because you simply squeeze the back to open/set the trap.

https://www.tomcatbrand.com/en-us/pr...use-snap-traps

“If you give a mouse a cookie…”. Tom, you are a kind and gentle soul if you are trying to save a mouse.

For me, it amazes me that mice can lick the peanut butter off the trip paddle of a conventional mousetrap without releasing it. It becomes a problem that I have to engineer a solution for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    “If you give a mouse a cookie…”. Tom, you are a kind and gentle soul if you are trying to save a mouse.

For me, it amazes me that mice can lick the peanut butter off the trip paddle of a conventional mousetrap without releasing it. It becomes a problem that I have to engineer a solution for.
    The traps are made to be easy to set. With a little work the Victor traps can be modified to have a hair trigger. They can be hard to set if you have a touch of arthritis or have to put them on the floor and then slide them into a corner or against a wall.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)