Thread: How would you corner-round this edge?

How would you corner-round this edge?

Maybe there is a better and different way to do this base cabinet, but here goes. A spice'n'oils pullout is to be built, cabinet is frameless, and the front is a maple slab, 6-7/8" w x 30-1/8" h, with a 1/8" x 1/2" d kerf cut into it to emulate the drawer-door margin of the adjacent cabinet.

All the fronts have their edges eased with a 1/16" R roundover. How would you round the edges of the kerf?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sandpaper with one of the rubber forms.

With a sanding block.

Is the kerfed panel structural or added to an inner box? If structural, will it be strong enough with that deep a kerf? If decorative, it could be made in two pieces.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Davis View Post
    Maybe there is a better and different way to do this base cabinet, but here goes. A spice'n'oils pullout is to be built, cabinet is frameless, and the front is a maple slab, 6-7/8" w x 30-1/8" h, with a 1/8" x 1/2" d kerf cut into it to emulate the drawer-door margin of the adjacent cabinet.

All the fronts have their edges eased with a 1/16" R roundover. How would you round the edges of the kerf?
    You need a router bit like this:
    20210908_115546.jpg

This particular bit is a Craftsman 9-25567 with an 1/8" radius round over. You might find one here: https://www.toolstoday.com/point-cut...uter-bits.html
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-08-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I am with Lee, you need that type of router bit or something similar. Here's a link for some options. https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shop...it_groove.html
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I agree router it but do it first so the blowout at the ends is cut away latter.
    Bill D

If this is a one off I'd go the sandpaper route, if your making a bunch of them then the router bits suggested would be the way to go but plan your cuts to avoid tear out.

I'd use my Dremel plunge router attachment & a Dremel 1/8" shank round over bit.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon