Thread: Dust devil ?

Dust devil ?

So I hooked up mine to a five gallon bucket and the vaccuum cleaner a 8 gal is filling up as much as the five gallon bucket the dust devil is hooked on, do I need a bigger container for the dust devil

There should be nothing in the vacuum
    1- There can be no air leaks in the dust devil to 5 gallon bucket connections
    2- The lid must be tight on the 5 gallon bucket, no leaks allowed
    3- Post picture of "dust devil" as I may be assuming wrong on what it is

Ok thanks I will double check my gasket ,I still am thinking of a bigger container, like a thirty gallon, I hate to empty sawdust

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elett View Post
    Ok thanks I will double check my gasket ,I still am thinking of a bigger container, like a thirty gallon, I hate to empty sawdust

Remember that a typical shop vacuum will crush a bigger container, in a heartbeat. You might want to find an old shop vac bin, and adapt your dust deputy to it. Build a lid out of 3/4" ply with gasket material on bottom, around the edge.

You can also reinforce the bucket to prevent it from collapsing. I reinforced my 5 gal paint bucket with a piece of rebar, just bent it to the ID of the bucket and duct taped it in place. I get almost nothing in the shop vac unless I let the paint bucket overfill. The old shop vac cannister is a good idea also but the paint bucket is a little easier to empty.

What I came up with was I used a sump baisen and made a lid from 1/4 inch thick plexiglas, I tried to post pictures, thanks for your help.