Thread: Mother Nature has no respect

Mother Nature has no respect

So our local waterways got a little over loaded last night. Is nothing sacred?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh dear. No respect at all.
    Hope you get it cleaned up without too many lingering issues.

Blog Entries
    That's too bad. At least I don't see any TP floating in there, so could be worse.

I think it's more a case of we haven't respected mother nature for decades. Her payback can be harsh.

Looks like a mess Johnny, your cases are coming in handy. Yes, Doug, climate change will affect us all more and more.

We had some flooding in our basement last night because of the power being out and the sump pump not having battery backup. (no generator here at the new property...yet) Fortunately, the only thing I had down there that got wet was my portable photo booth and it dried out nicely in the sun today. But another couple of inches, and the HVAC system would have been at risk.

At any rate, it's painful seeing those Systainers with mud on and in them like that. Sheesh. That's less respect than Rodney Dangerfield got...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

When I was a kid the Monongahela river by our house often flooded. Once it got high enough that muddy flood water came through a drain and filled our basement till it nearly reached the ceiling joists. When the waters receded we found at least 4" of mud in the entire full basement. The same 4" was all over the yard too but it was great for the grass and garden. Made for a huge cleanup job in the basement!

We knew it was coming (snow melt) so we were able to carry everything out of the basement ahead of time. But didn't know how high, of course so everything that could be moved was moved to the second story. For the big kitchen appliances, piano, couch, etc, my dad pulled out all the big wooden kitchen drawers and raised everything a little more just in case! That afternoon we all left the house in a row boat.

It's quite an adventure when you're a kid. Terrifying now. I feel for those affected by this storm.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    We had some flooding in our basement last night because of the power being out and the sump pump not having battery backup. (no generator here at the new property...yet) Fortunately, the only thing I had down there that got wet was my portable photo booth and it dried out nicely in the sun today. But another couple of inches, and the HVAC system would have been at risk.

At any rate, it's painful seeing those Systainers with mud on and in them like that. Sheesh. That's less respect than Rodney Dangerfield got...