Thread: Anyone ever Change out a Vision Camera on a Speedy 360?

Anyone ever Change out a Vision Camera on a Speedy 360?

Got two speedy 360's one got a ton of hours on it and quit firing the other is new, but no camera. I like to know if I can swap the camera to the other until I can get Trotec to repair the other one. Been trying to get some kind of answer from Trotec for a week now. Offered to buy a new Vision kit and two new lens and I got nothing and never got back to me on the lens and Vision kit. Thinking of swapping out the camera to the other laser.

Thanks,
    David Harrison

EDIT Trotec is sending me a Vision Kit so all is well. Thanks, Joe
    Last edited by Davy Harrison; 09-02-2021 at 6:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Harrison View Post
    Got two speedy 360's one got a ton of hours on it and quit firing the other is new, but no camera. I like to know if I can swap the camera to the other until I can get Trotec to repair the other one. Been trying to get some kind of answer from Trotec for a week now. Offered to buy a new Vision kit and two new lens and I got nothing and never got back to me on the lens and Vision kit. Thinking of swapping out the camera to the other laser.

Thanks,
    David Harrison

EDIT Trotec is sending me a Vision Kit so all is well. Thanks, Joe
    The quick answer is yes, but there is an asterisk to it, I tried to send you a PM but it wouldnt let me. Give me a call and ill tell you what you need to do.

Chase,

Thanks my friend. I thought It was going be as easy as calling Trotec to get the Vision Kit. Can you believe after I agreed to buy the Vision Kit they haven't even contacted me to say they are shipping or anything. You would think they would want to make an easy sell. I call the Epilog dealer here in town to see if they could help. Epilog call me back in about 2 hours on the same day, but couldn't work on Trotecs. At least they called. I may try to take you up on calling you to help me do the camera switch as I need to learn how to work on these lasers better anyway.

I think it matters about who you get connected with, I have had some incredible support with Trotec. I've been getting some quotes for stuff as I rehab a Speedy 300 that caught fire and everytime I talk to them they claim if an order is placed before 2pm EST they will have it out the door same day. If you want my .02 on Epilog vs Trotec, I would say they are comparable systems; I'd give the reliability nod to Trotec as they really are relatively simple units when you break them down (this makes them reliable, since there isnt 800 parts to go wrong), which is probably why they haven't fundamentally changed the design of the Speedy 300 series in 20+ years, Epilog has been more tech forward with networked printers and cameras and even some new cool models; both are a superior unit to a Chinese model.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&quot]If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't give up on the Trotec yet, but I would be hassling them to get that out the door if they haven't. Plus I believe they keep cards on file, so you may have a Vision Camera show up on your doorstep today since you gave the authorization. Give me a call and I'll do what I can to help you get the Vision kit from the old machine to the new as I feel the pain when things are down it cost dollars.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 09-08-2021 at 10:47 AM. Reason: member to member sales belong on the classified forum