Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm not getting involved...but...

I'm not getting involved...but...

I'm just wondering...if a friend of mine was going to get involved...which is not me of course...is a DVR-XP lathe enough to allow that someone to do a reasonable amount of this spinny thing? I...oops a little slip there...have a small basement shop that really can't take a large Powermatic Mo-Chine...but I'd like to get something...for that friend of course...that would be flexible enough to fullfil a need to create round things for a long...long time. Are there any other suggestions for this very close friend of mine?

p.s. Bill Grumbine...I'm sure DRLOML thinks there maybe be some subliminal messages on your DVD but I've tried to convince her that you wouldn't do that.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Hi Glenn,
    Buy yourself the DVR, you will love it.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Glenn, talk to Dick Parr he bought one a few months ago and look at all the wonderful stuff he has turned on it. I turned on it at his house and I think it is a great machine for the money. You will enjoy it! Or your friend will...
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Glenn, from everything I have heard it is a good lathe. I think Carole Valentine loves hers and I'm sure she will check in on the topic.

Ken. . .Tick Tick Tick

Sorry Andy, I just had to do it.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Big Mike,
    I'm not allowed to speak to at least three people on the forum...Kevin Gerstenecker (Kevin it ain't my fault), Carole Valentine (sorry she really is a VERY secure woman), and that Dick Parr guy. I seems DRLOML feels that they are a very bad influence on me (read wallet).
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Hmmmph! Don't quite know what to think about that...I would NEVER be a bad influence on someones' wallet!

BUY A DVR and get on with turning!
    She should thank me... I could have said buy a Oneway
    !

Fine then. I'm not one of the aforementioned three, so you can talk to me...For your friend, of course! Your good buddy may be interested to know that I've had my mitts on a couple different brand of 1236-type machines, currently own one of those and have spun on a Vega bowl lathe AND on an older Nova DVR. It was one of those with the big ole Leeson motor hanging off of it with the variable speed box on it. I took a class at the local WC and the instructor knew that I already had the 1236 at home, so he put me on the Nova. All I can say is, that dern thing almost followed me home!!! So, if your friend is interested in communicating with a Nova non-owner (just so he won't be too largely influenced), feel free to have him PM me!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Valentine
    ..... She should thank me... I could have said buy a Oneway!
    Okay ---- I'll say it. BUY A ONEWAY!!!

Pick the red wire
    Only the Blue Roads

Glen your friend could do worse then the DVR If there isn't room for a PM, then from what I have looked at, this is the most bang for the buck. Tell your friend to have fun with it.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Geez,

Another one heading for the dark side....

Use the force Glenn

The Dark side is immune to the force.......

Because it is the force!
    Only the Blue Roads

ROFL at Glenn!

Here's the plan for ya Glenn. Just show her this, and tell her you can do things like it JUST for her. She will forget all about your wallet, and go out and buy you a lathe herself! (Hey, it sounds good, don't it?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

According to Stephen Hawking, renowned theoretical physicist, the Event Horizon is that point along the edge of a Black Hole from which there is no escape. You've...er..I mean...your friend has reached that point Glenn.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Repeat after me Glenn.....The World is Flat!....The World is Flat!......The World is Flat!..... You can resist this Glenn ......It works for me......The World is Flat!.......I've had tremendous pressure from these folks...primarily after they've been turning exotics....or when the effects of turning exotics is starting to wear off and they're going through withdrawal symptoms I believe......Again......The World is Flat.......fight it Glen!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....