Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm not getting involved...but...

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    OK guys, who's got Glenn's address? We need to start stocking him up on some blanks!!! Glenn, you intend to go with some pens or are you jumping straight into the bowl vortex???? Both??? I'm sure we can come up with "something" for you to start with!!!
    Hey John...I'm heading toward bowls and the like. Pens just don't seem to be me. They cramp my hand.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Yup...I agree. I'm in. I've been spending this last week getting blanks ready to ship to people. My basement is full,.... my garage is full. Even after I ship all the Buckeye that I owe people, there's got to be one or two scraps I can send to Glenn......And Ken
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

All I can say is Welcome to the Dark Side . And I do mean dark...........

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Yup...I agree. I'm in. I've been spending this last week getting blanks ready to ship to people. My basement is full,.... my garage is full. Even after I ship all the Buckeye that I owe people, there's got to be one or two scraps I can send to Glenn......And Ken
    I don't have anything overly large up here, but could arrange for a couple small to mid-size bowl blanks! Glenn, PM your snail mail.

Ken, I'll save a couple for you, too! Or, did you just want me to go ahead and send them along, so that they get there the same time the lathe does????
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Way to go Glenn! Welcome to the dark side. Now if Ken will just relax and come out of the closet as it were, I'm sure I could find a small mesquete something to send to Idaho.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Maybe Ken needs to stay in the closet till Andy sets off his device? Or till he gets a lathe small enough to get in there with him?

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Raymond had a lathe in his closet!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Glenn,

I got my DVR at the same time as Carole. I think there is something wrong with mine! It does not produce the same quality of work that hers does!

The Oneway 1236 and Jet 1642 are both quality machines and are priced just about the same. I didn't have enough space for the Jet 1642. (That sucker is longgggg!) I didn't think the Oneway added enough capacity over my Delta Midi so I went with the Nova.

I've replaced the tool rest and the live center and Carole sent my some grips and a handle. These made a nice machine even nicer.

Also check through some of the older posts and see the handle midifications that Dick Parr made.

Hope this helps, Harry

Thanks Harry...I'm searching and learning. After all these months of trying to avoid this I'm trying to catch up on the posts.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Glenn, all you have to do is ask.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Wow! Ya spend a whole day on the road (went to an absolutely worthless woodworking show) and look what's taken place. Faaaaaaar Out.

Good move, Glenn. I admire a guy who jumps up, declares his insanity, and then proves it in one fell swoop. Ya done good.

Now, Ken. We need to talk. I think you know what the topic will be.
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gerstenecker
    ROFL at Glenn!

Just show her this, and tell her you can do things like it JUST for her. (Hey, it sounds good, don't it?)
    nice plug..............
    Joe
    ------------------------------------------------

Experience...is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Oscar Wilde
    .................................................. ..................

Thanks Joe. Terry Quiram so kindly gave me a few pieces of the Curly Maple that enabled me to turn that HF. Beautiful wood, and nice to turn! Thanks again Terry............I appreciate it a LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    p.s. Bill Grumbine...I'm sure DRLOML thinks there maybe be some subliminal messages on your DVD but I've tried to convince her that you wouldn't do that.
    Hi Glenn

The only "subliminal" message I can remember is the one with the flashing red words on the screen.

Bill

Guys and gals, this was an easy one. It took what... three threads and and one session with Bill G. and Glenn came over. Kicking and screaming, but nevertheless we got him.

Now for Ken... has he had his session with Bill G yet? If not... get a rope.

Ernie