Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might be a while, until the next project....

Unhappy Might be a while, until the next project....

Due to a fall a while back....right knee is messed up enough that even Rust Hunting has been halted...let alone going down the stairs into the shop...Meeting with the "Knee Doctor" on the 31st to see how he intends to fix it. Am walking with a cane, and NOT very well at that....Will advise what I find out....
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use

Good luck Steven, get better, we will miss your rust and project posts.

Sorry you are hurt. While needing the cane …. don’t try to do any of Fred Astaire’s cane dancing ! But seeing them on you tube is good
    for you !

Take it easy. I hope it goes well for you on the 31st.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Good luck kind sir. I carved three spoons as a beginner and decided I will carve my fourth when I am confined to a wheelchair. Not that your knee can't be fixed, just if you are non weight bearing for a little while... Good luck and best wishes.

I had read at some point someone had a similar trouble, they took up carving on the couch.

Hopefully things get better

Some other folks around here will have to up their production substantially to fill the need for entertaining content. We should give a little back to entertain you as you convalesce. But I hope you are back in the Dungeon soon.

Blog Entries
    Get well soon Steven.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Hi Steven,

Sorry to hear that your knee is bummed up for now. Take it easy until you see the doc, and in the meantime keep us informed when you find anything out. +1 on get well soon.

Stew

No fun... you will miss the big show this weekend then? Yeah, that is an assumption / question.

50/50 chance on the Big Show......Knee brace is back on, getting the ice-packs chilled down. Possible tear in the back of the knee....large blood clot IN the knee making it a bit...fat...about twice the size of the Left knee...PT starts tomorrow morning...no surgery until AFTER the Blood Thinners have ended....Been a busy day....I'm on Chair Parade until PT starts up....

Blog Entries
    Take advantage of it and get SWMBO's sympathy.

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Today was an Evaluation Exam....Rehab starts Friday

What seems to bother them the most is the Blood Clots in and about the knee....currently walking with a cane and a knee brace....we'll see how Friday goes....Twice weekly Muggings..

May dig back a couple years...and post a different Project Build-along....if anyone wants to see "re-runs" that is...

You can call it NCB, Newman Classic Builds. Just like the TV show that has some really old great shows. I remember the one A River Runs Through It, Steven’s shop that is. Hope you don’t get hung up for too long.
    Jim