Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

31 Oct 2022

Greetings,
    I know, I'm late again, but I have excuses.

Been working off and on in the shop as well as working with my son on making cutting boards. Still working on the kitchen table project and trying to keep things going at the day job. Other than that.....that's about it.

That's it for me so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I'm so glad you're getting shop time, Dennis!

Did a bunch of stuff on the shop build including getting the interior wiring all but done after the final inspections passed last Thursday morning. Worked on some other tasks for the same. Details are in my thread in Workshops. I'm honestly going to try to get some time working on the other three speaker "enclosures" so I can get them hung and that task out of the way. Once I have the mini split installed, it's time for drywall, paint and other finishes. I gotta start watching money right now so that's going to affect timing, too...some things were over budget unfortunately.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've got a few jobs on the go.
    At the Synagogue where I'm the House Chair, a few years ago someone thought it would make a wonderful project to put up a memorial board made of framed, etched glass. No design consultation, and up it went. Unreadable; Clear glass over dark Oak library frame and panel type walls. I even had to stop construction to kill the live plug behind the glass wall.
    I forced a rework and this week cut a LOT of 3/16" thick by 3/4" spacer strips nailed on the front so the foamboard backing can be installed tomorrow and the glass replaced into the frame.
    The staircase material was delivered Friday. I have open grid emergency exterior staircases which for modesty purposes needed covers (girls walking down the stairs). Using composite decking and because grooved underneath, using 2" carriage bolts to hold the pieces in place.
    A lot of work.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Finally made something useful walnut w/johnson wax finish.

4BD0544D-0DF8-49F2-BE24-F25D32E21285_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks good . I like the colors and grain. Can only offer one tip…. Don’t leave that old buffing rag hanging on it !

Wow. Everyone has been so busy in their shops. I finally made it back into mine as the summer was spent building a free standing deck in a portion on the backyard. Of course I used the tools in my shop some for that project, but I don't consider that shop time. After much dithering, I made a smaller right of blade table for the SC2C this week and moved the saw. The larger table to the right of the blade was using valuable real estate in the shop and isn't needed the way I use the slider. I was in the middle of building a new router table when summer came and hopefully I'll finish that up in the coming weeks and can get back on the spool cabinet build I started last winter.

My shop is the cleanest it's ever been since I first put it together. Everything got moved or pulled out so i could caulk every crack in the floor as part of radon sealing for my basement project. Filling these cracks should also help cleanup in the future as I won't have a ton of sawdust that i can't sweep up.