Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hammer K3 Winner 48x48 thoughts?

Nice package Howard. Grouping options into a package is very cost effective.

I am sure you will enjoy this machine, both in terms of performance and safety. Having both crosscut fences is useful, depending on the operation. One example is putting a board to be ripped between both fences, using the stops to set the width.
    Any plans for clamping devices?

Great choice, Howard. I went with the 79 over the 48 for basically the same reason (and after Jim Becker assured me it would work just fine in my shop). You will absolutely love this saw.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    What are the essential tools to ensure I get my slider calibrated correctly?

My longest straight edge is 36. And I don't have a level that's any good. What should I be looking at to get this thing set up correctly?

Don’t touch anything unless the saw doesn’t work properly, and if it doesn’t contact Felder as the machine will be under warranty….Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Don’t touch anything unless the saw doesn’t work properly, and if it doesn’t contact Felder as the machine will be under warranty….Regards, Rod.
    I am always astounded that new owners of European sliders seem to think the manufacturer sets up the saw wrongly and does not know anything. There is a classic example of this in a YT video where the owner blasts Felder because in his opinion the saw should resemble his old cabinet saw in all respects.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    I am always astounded that new owners of European sliders seem to think the manufacturer sets up the saw wrongly and does not know anything. There is a classic example of this in a YT video where the owner blasts Felder because in his opinion the saw should resemble his old cabinet saw in all respects.
    I've bought a J/P and a band saw new from Minimax. The band saw took over a month of tracking down electrical issues and waiting for parts to get it to start. The J/P's tables were quite out of coplanar.

I will be astounded if I receive a machine that is perfectly calibrated. But, hey, here's hoping

I just watched a fella on YouTube go through calibrating his K3 Winner. It was not all that onerous a task. Pretty simple, really. I can find it again if you want.

The saw arrived a week ago, shipping was pretty uneventful. A couple of little dings, but no obvious damage upon inspection. It was well packaged. And they used screws to assemble the crate. Minimax used nails, which is a lot more aggravating.

But work is crazy right now, so it will probably be at least a month before I uncrate it and get everything set up.

Now I need to sell my table saw and miter saw

The sales staff was very laid back, almost to the point of disinterest. But once I did get an answer, I always received solid and helpful answers to my questions. And Ive never had a better experience coordinating shipping. They held on to the saw while my schedule cleared up. I enjoyed my interactions with them.

I think I waited about nine months from ordering to get my saw.

Blog Entries
    This should be helpful.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidp...h/49315960242/

I'd suggest joining the Felder Owners Group.

Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    I've bought a J/P and a band saw new from Minimax. The band saw took over a month of tracking down electrical issues and waiting for parts to get it to start. The J/P's tables were quite out of coplanar.

I will be astounded if I receive a machine that is perfectly calibrated. But, hey, here's hoping
    Use the machine and don't touch anything and you might be surprised. Adjusting the table height is not just a simple exercise of screwing the height bolts up and down, the table in reality pivots around the opposite bolt and some strange things happen until you get your head around it all. Give it a go if you have a few days to spare in and infinite patience to go with it.
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 05-23-2022 at 8:39 PM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Does anyone have any experience or reviews using a Bora mobile base for this saw? Looking for a mobility solution, and not terribly interested in a pallet jack.

Hi Jacob,

Did you get your saw put together yet? I got the same machine as you. It arrived last week. Took me half a day to just get the shipping crate disassembled, and move the saw from the pallet to the floor..... Spent the better part of the day yesterday, interpreting the installation and set up instructions. That, and making levelling feet. I live rural, and there are no good hardware stores near me, so I usually have to put on my MacGyver hat. I haven't finished yet, but am already thinking that on/off buttons on the slider would be handy. Once I figure out outfeed table needs, I will build an angle iron frame with casters and separate levelling feet. The saw will live on this frame. Will need to figure out how to lift it and get the frame under the saw.

I converted to not ripping this way. I use the cross-cut fence with a clamp on the trailing edge or use the fritz and Franz jig. I can’t remember the last time I ripped using the rip fence. I use it as an adjustable stop for cross-cutting short pieces being guided by the cross-cut fence.