Thread: SawStop Accessory Compatiblity - Overarm Dust Collection w/ Folding Table

Question SawStop Accessory Compatiblity - Overarm Dust Collection w/ Folding Table

As a hobbyist, I've recently had the luxury of dedicating a 2 car garage space to setup a permanent shop (as opposed to hugging walls, etc.). Additionally, I began to upgrade my tools from portable units to larger self standing units. The first was to order a Sawstop 3HP PCS. I've used their machines in many shops and always found them to be outstanding (I like euro-sliders too, but didn't want to wait 6 months to get started, everything was/is back-ordered).

My question is, is anyone running the overarm (not "floating") dust collection with the the folding table from Sawstop and got them to work together fully? The idea of being able to fold the outfeed out of the way was really attractive to maintain flexibility, but I may have missed a compatibility warning somewhere.

After assembly I don't see how the dust collection's lower metal tube can possibly sit behind the folding table and it main the ability to fold down. There are two possible solutions I can think of, either have the floating arm pushed way out to the right of saw (from front) so the flexible tubing can be routed behind the folding table, or cut the metal tubing to shorten its length (maintaining tighter tolerance on right side) and modify the dust flex tubing path to again have the flexible tubing routed behind the folding table.

To help make this clear, there would be no problem if I never folded the table, only when wanting to fold it out of the way. Attached is a picture showing the tube to the left and how if extended across would prevent the table from folding down. The Sawstop instructions with everything are great, but this is one thing I see no mention of, so it could be user error. Thanks for your thoughts.
    2021-08-29_6-43-34.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of how I did mine. I can't remember if I shortened the horizontal part of the tube; I may have.

IMG_1106.jpg IMG_1107.jpg
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Thank you for that Paul. Your photo's capture exactly what I'm describing.

You have the DC metal tubing pulled pretty far left, I see that as one solution that leaves only the flexible tubing behind the table, supporting up/down operation. I may cut mine as I don't want the overhang, just wish there was a more elegant design, oh well. Will see what others have done before taking action.

Yeah cutting seems the only option...redesigning that piece but would be an interesting job for my new 3D printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff Smith View Post
    Thank you for that Paul. Your photo's capture exactly what I'm describing.

You have the DC metal tubing pulled pretty far left, I see that as one solution that leaves only the flexible tubing behind the table, supporting up/down operation. I may cut mine as I don't want the overhang, just wish there was a more elegant design, oh well. Will see what others have done before taking action.
    Yes, I pulled it left because 1) I had room and 2) it provides clearance for crosscutting longer pieces without them hitting the vertical part of the tube.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--