Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving Martin T75 Saw

The machine in Patrick's picture is not a fork lift its called a Lull. They are used extensively in major construction jobs and can lift major loads up several stories with ease. The boom will extend way out and up from the machine. A Lull will destroy your yard and crack thin concrete in a real hurry, they are serious workhorses. Some people refer to a Lull as a fork lift but that's like calling a tractor trailer a pickup truck.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-02-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Actually, Lull is a brand of Telehandler. Many manufacturers make "Telehandlers".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telescopic_handler

Having a telehandler at your disposal is the stuff dreams are made of. I managed a fairly involved commercial construction project for about a year and there was an 80’ man lift, 20’ scissor lift, and a mid sized telehandler on site for much of the construction.

I have already determined that when I move my shop out of my basement I will be renting a small telehandler to help pull the machines out of the walkout door and load onto a trailer, etc. Solves so many problems by having tons of ballast, hydraulics and 4 wheel steering.
    Still waters run deep.

They make mini ones now, that can handle 2,500 lbs., but I doubt anyone is renting those yet. I'm getting ready to buy one for a large stonework job. It's like a little articulated loader, with telescopic boom arms. Any of those will tear up the ground less than either a wheeled, or tracked skid steer loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Mitchell View Post
    Having a telehandler at your disposal is the stuff dreams are made of. .
    Matt Cremona bought one not that long ago, used from a rental place. Oh, my, he's having fun with that thing, including being able to reach over his trailer from the rear to take something out of the truck bed. The lifting capacity of those things can be pretty impressive, too, because they are darn heavy machines.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    If a telehandler would do 65mph I would strongly consider one as my daily driver.

The ability to clear your own parking spot would be pretty handy.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    If a telehandler would do 65mph I would strongly consider one as my daily driver.

Let's talk. I have such a deal for you! Cold A/C and low mileage.

Blog Entries
    Hah! I actually have some questions for you but none relate to moving cars out of parking spots.

Put in a trap door and you could use that thang to access your lower shop from the upper.
    --

Blog Entries
    That’s one way to get that Martin tablesaw I’ve always wanted ��

That’s one way to get that Martin tablesaw I’ve always wanted ��
    I know where you can buy a nice property that has a shop with the space to put it...
    --

Blog Entries
    I think I know which one you have in mind

Seems like a flat bed tow truck could make the transfer at a reasonable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    At this point I am all but guaranteeing the words "a grand" are going to come out of his mouth, but no, only $300!
    Glad to see that you got someone to unload it for you, And at a great price!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Seems like a flat bed tow truck could make the transfer at a reasonable cost.
    A friend of mine had a Bridgeport Mill delivered by a u-ship type of service & he arranged to have a local towing company come out with a "Wrecker" that was able to lift it off the trailer & move it just inside the front door of his garage door. Once inside the garage we used a come-along & a bunch of 3' long 1" pipes as rollers to move it into the far corner.

That was back around 2016 & I believe he paid around $150 back then.

If anyone is checking around for something like this, Be sure to mention that you're lookin for a wrecker style tow truck that has a extendable boom/winch.

Doug

Seems that the flat bed tow would work out better. It can tilt and winch and back right into the garage and would have more capability for a tall load.