Thread: NY Constantines Permanently Closed

NY Constantines Permanently Closed

Today Constantines replied to my inquiry confirming their NY store is permanently closed. Unfortunately, another sign of the times. This may be old news for some but sad nevertheless

If they were in the city, probably gave it up with the crime... understand it's a war zone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hart View Post
    If they were in the city, probably gave it up with the crime... understand it's a war zone now.
    A pretty big assumption with no data on why a location of a store closed.

Plenty of other possibilities as to why the location closed (but all are wild conjecture...but may be a bit more plausible)
    1. The real estate value of the location could have made it worthwhile to sell out (looks like the location is now a medical facility, if I found the right place)
    2. The challenges of running a two location business where the locations were 1000 miles apart
    3. Dynamics of a family owned business led to consolidation in Florida location (elder family members ready to retire.
    4. General issues with Brick and Mortar store viability nationwide due to online sales avenues.
    5. Invasion of the creature from the Black Lagoon
    6. etc.

oh wait! I have the internet
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...885-story.html
    The 51-year-old Docherty says the New York store's demise may have been hastened by poor access and no adjacent parking. His brother said in a telephone interview from New York, "It was the taxes, the upkeep. There were just too many expenses. It was a very long, hard, emotional decision to close it."

Oh and it looks like the New York store closed in June of 2001....

Is the Constantine's deli in Bayside, NY a different place? They have a website at constantinesdeli.com that shows them to still be open.

‘‘twas contact paper that killed the veneer”

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Is the Constantine's deli in Bayside, NY a different place? They have a website at constantinesdeli.com that shows them to still be open.
    Veneer on a bagel isn't likely on that menu. The Constantine's being referred to is a woodworking business for veneer and other things.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Veneer on a bagel isn't likely on that menu. The Constantine's being referred to is a woodworking business for veneer and other things.
    Sorry, I had heard of a Deli called Constantine's in New York. I didn't realize there was also another business called Constantine's in New York.