Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to blue Scott shop towels?

Mark used auto suppliers many times for stuff as usually a level above cabinet suppliers. For tape likely five choices, other stuff usually more than one choice. These were the last shop things I have but staining furniture for the most part just used old flannel sheets. There were no issues with these.

P1590003A.jpg

cant edit my post so here are a few from auto suppliers,

Capture.jpg rtyrty.JPGrtyyy.jpg

Thanks Johnny and Warren.
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    In a word, Walmart.
    But what about for those of us who refuse to walk into Wally-World for any reason?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Following this thread, I looked at the Wypall x70 wipes. On Amazon they have a 100 count popup box for about $20. The Scotts blue shop towels are 3 rolls @ 55 towels per roll for $6 at HD. Are the Wypall towels 5x better in quality to justify the cost difference? Or did I mess up the math? .. I'm still working on my first cup of tea this morning...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I called Kimberley Clarke but she was not there. The lady on the phone said no more Krew 600 wipes and the new model is the 33352 Wipe All. Not sure if the quality is the same or not but the Krew stuff was good. I told her a number of people are not happy about the lower quality blue Scott ones they make. Seemed like she has heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    But what about for those of us who refuse to walk into Wally-World for any reason?
    I'm not even anti Walmart. But the effect they had on how items are produced drives me nuts. I'm all for affordable, poorly made products for people that want them. But it bites having to search far and wide for a decently made hamper.

My issue isn't about Wally-world products, etc. They serve a need/desire for sure. Rather it's personal about how a family member was treated while in their employ. My question was more tongue in cheek and rhetorical
    --

Order online for pickup......pull in - call them - they bring your stuff out so you don't have to go in!

(I know - it isn't an issue of going in - it's an issue of giving them your money - I was just responding to how you worded it... ).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

LOL. Good point, Rich.

I'm "reminiscing" about the last time I bought the 'box of rags" from the 'borg. I very carefully picked through the (small) pile to fine the one box that nobody has pried open the hand-holds or other openings. I use these for finishing work and minimizing the chance of dust getting into the package while it's sitting around is a priority for me. Go to checkout. Checkout person opens the hand holds. I was LIVID. They just didn't get it when I explained it, either. I can carry a small, 1 pound box without handholds, too.
    --