Thread: Jessem Mast-R-Lift

Jessem Mast-R-Lift

What are the practical differences between the original Jessem Mast-R-Lift and the Jessem Mast-R-Lift II?

I am based in Thailand and I have a local supplier that is selling Jessem router table packages. The lifts in all of the packages are Jessem Mast-R-Lift I. For Thailand, the pricing of these router tables is interesting, certainly cheaper than importing all of the components from the US or Canada. Before I go ahead and order one of these tables, is there any reason not want or use the older style lift?

Also, any opinions on the Mast-R-Fence II?

John,

I just upgraded my router table and went from a Mast-R-Lift to a Mast-R-Lift II. The differences are that the original fits the 3 hp routers and uses a sleeve to take the smaller routers. The II will take any size router without an adapter. So once you have the router mounted that difference is immaterial. The other difference is that the II has a height lock that older model lacks. But in all the years I used it I never had the height slip. Other than that they operate the same. The only reason I went to the II is that the plate on my old lift was the smaller Rockler/Bench Dog size and was too small for the new table.

Cliff
    Last edited by Cliff Polubinsky; 08-26-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Thank you Cliff. Appreciate the reply. I’ll probably go ahead and order one of the router table packages.