Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese carbide bandsaw blades

They all have this kind of tooth profile, I think that is what allows it to have no set at all. So I don't think that kind of sharpening will work. You will have to grind the front of the teeth to do it without affecting the profile. I seen someone do it with an angle grinder, and also angle grinder discs will be more stiff than dremel diamond wheels, which matters if you want a good flat grind. I guess you can also use a diamond file if you have a way to hold the file without it rocking back and forth. At least on the Chinese blade the top, front, side, etc. are all precisely ground, so the tip is wider than the body.
    Typhoon Guitars

An addendum:

If anyone is interested in these Chinese carbide bandsaw blades, I can order them on your behalf. However you must give me your measurements in millimeters as they do not do inches here. I think they can weld to your dimension if you give it to them. I'll be able to order them, pay to ship it to Taiwan, then I can ship it to you. You'll have to pay shipping but as far as I know shipping from Taiwan to the US (or the EU) is not very expensive, the other way around is basically 3x that. Or if your Chinese is good enough (maybe you have Chinese friends) they may be able to order from Taobao and get it directly shipped to the US, as far as I know shipping rate is really low... Each bandsaw blade (I use 30mm x 4570mm) weights about 1.3 kilograms. I would recommend the use of private shipping agents with the help of a Chinese friend... as the official ones are kinda not that good.

I use this guy to ship to Taiwan: http://member.cn-express.tw/WebSite/index
    Typhoon Guitars