Thread: Play saw

Play saw

I have not posted in a while but thought I would share this silly little saw. A "round to it" saw. I have had this little fella sitting around on my various benches all year getting moved here and there out of the way. Of course I still manage to ding and scratch it, but that's ok. It was one of those defective handles I decided to play with a bit. The mortise & slot originally went out of whack so I decided rather than throwing it away I would just piddle a bit. So out came the epoxy and saw dust mix and I re-cut the slot/ mortise. Originally wanted something to match my triple loop half back. So here it is unfinished no less. 12", 16ppi triple loop dovetail with a 32* hang. Got a little silly with the saw plate. And yes, I drew up a carcass saw and sash version as well. Just because. : Not my most stellar work, but some day I may even make a couple.
    20210822_185703.jpg20210822_185723.jpg

Beautiful Ron!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Ron, +1, Beautiful!

Stew

It is indeed lovely. Is that quilted maple? I have never gotten quilted maple that smooth/shiny without a finish, but that's my best guess and I am sticking to it.

A Work of Art!

Beautiful, Ron. Your piddling beats my serious all day long!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    A Work of Art!
    Not only are your saws works of art, but your tennon saw and dovetail saw are a joy to use.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.