Thread: Kudos to the USPS for quick delivery

Kudos to the USPS for quick delivery

I ordered a couple of things last week that shipped via USPS. The tracking on both showed expected delivery on Monday. Both packages showed up on Saturday. That worked out great because I installed the parts on Sunday. The dewpoint was crazy low this weekend so Sunday was a great day to work outside and get these parts installed.

Kudos to the USPS for getting me my packages a day early! I almost never have problems with the USPS like others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I ordered a couple of things last week that shipped via USPS. The tracking on both showed expected delivery on Monday. Both packages showed up on Saturday. That worked out great because I installed the parts on Sunday. The dewpoint was crazy low this weekend so Sunday was a great day to work outside and get these parts installed.

Kudos to the USPS for getting me my packages a day early! I almost never have problems with the USPS like others do.

I'm in central Pa. 50 mi. N of Harrisburg, and around herre it is horrible with misroutings, loss and everything takes 1-2 days longer. When it used to be hours, packages languish in Harrisburg at least a day longer.

Needless to say I'm not pleased.

Blog Entries
    Some of us may be lucky to be in areas where postal workers are more concerned about doing a good job.

Occasionally my local carriers have messed up, but they are usually quick to make it right.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Last couple items I ordered off Ebay, arrived before they entered in USPS tracking system. One item left a PO in Florida going to next facility, which two days later was the same facility it had just left. Ebay items from west coast are usually here on third day from USPS getting them. If label is created on Friday, it's Monday at the earliest before USPS has them. Worst is getting an Ebay item from customs in NY across NYC. Usually it take at least a week to get item out of NYC, after customs releases it. Next day, it's here. It takes three days to get a letter from Raleigh to Charlotte, a distance of about 125 miles. Raleigh to here (20 miles) is second day now. In Oct, it's scheduled to become five days. Self full filling ideas. Reduce service, charge more for it and wonder why business goes away. Even though I'm a check writer, only my power bill gets paid by mail. The rest are either in person (I'm already in the store,) or by phone. No, I don't and won't do online bill pay.