Thread: Milwaukee 23 ga "pin" nailer?

Milwaukee 23 ga "pin" nailer?

Anyone here sprung for one? If so, thoughts, please? Im sorta needing a pin nailer for an upcoming project, and I have to admit a slight fascination for red tools. I know those are on the pricier side, but not that much more than some of the higher end air powered ones, and I'm seeing mixed reviews for the mid price ranged models. Thanks, all!

Marty
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon

If it's a battery powered one, than sticking with a system you already embrace is a good thing. If it's compressor powered, check the features/specifications against other options. For pneumatic nailers, I have multiple brands based on what I needed at the time I was buying. My pinner is a Grex, although I originally had an old Accuset by Senco. Actually, I still have it, but rarely use it because it doesn't have a safety trigger like the Grex does.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    If it's a battery powered one, than sticking with a system you already embrace is a good thing. If it's compressor powered, check the features/specifications against other options. For pneumatic nailers, I have multiple brands based on what I needed at the time I was buying. My pinner is a Grex, although I originally had an old Accuset by Senco. Actually, I still have it, but rarely use it because it doesn't have a safety trigger like the Grex does.
    Thanks, Jim! The Milwaukee is battery powered, but as you mention, I've already got some red battery-operated tools, so that's not an issue, and the "stand-alone" feature is one of the things that is attractive. I'm also considering a Grex.

MG
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon

Yes, the portability of battery powered can be helpful. That said, how often will you use a pinner away from your shop? If that's an affirmative, then the red one may be just the ticket, I'm considering one or two battery or gas powered guns to use for home improvement, etc., when my compressor isn't handy so I don't have to drag the little one around. None of them would be a pinner, however. In the shop, the hose is always there. In the house or when I get to building the new shop building...compressed air isn't necessarily convenient.

I will tell you, the Grex I have is a really fine tool.
    --

I’ve got to say, once I started buying battery powered nailers I never looked back. Now every time I need a different nailer for a big project I usually chuck my air powered ones and get a Milwaukee. Sure so far it’s only been the framing nailer and the brad nailer, but they’re really that convenient. Even if you’re only using it in the shop, dragging hoses around behind you seems akin to pulling a landline telephone cord around the house 25 years ago.

I have grex's gas 18. I don't really use my pneumatic one anymore. My only gripe is that if I leave the 2xAA in the gun they die and the gas isnt free. I actually talk myself into not needing the 23 or 16 because not hearing the compressor is golden.

Jim I have a couple of paslodes They are pretty great when it comes to building a shed or anything with construction lumber. There are some pretty decent deals on them if you shop around I got my framing one for about 300 on ebay from a reputable dealer. My finish one was the better deal I swiped it from my father

I do like the idea of straight battery though. From what I understand the nails can be as long. Not that I ever need 2" pins

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Jim I have a couple of paslodes They are pretty great when it comes to building a shed or anything with construction lumber. There are some pretty decent deals on them if you shop around I got my framing one for about 300 on ebay from a reputable dealer. My finish one was the better deal I swiped it from my father
    A post framer I follow on the 'Tube has been saying very nice things about the current crop of Paslode guns, but for my potential future purposes, finding used "whatever" wouldn't be a terrible thing since it would be for what is essentially a single project. At least for anything that shoots larger fasteners. But that will wait until I know what kind of building it will be, too. If I go metal, there will be less need for nailing anything big and all of the work that "I" would be doing would be interior finish work. I'm not going to be the building builder, as it were...
    --

One of our trim carpenters was just commenting that they wish Milwaukee would make a cordless 23, I didn't know they did. Buying one right now!

Milwaukee's cordless blows paslode away in my opinion, 700 shots per battery with a framer is fantastic, and as fast as you can bump fire. Just as fast as air power, paslode can't touch that. I love the sounds of the saws and three or four nailers firing fast when we're framing a big project. All we use is the cordless milwaukee framers now. We have had to send two back for service, but that happens with any nailer that gets used a lot.

I have the M-12 T50 stapler, it works great. It allows you to get in spots and still drive a staple where I would have issues with a manual gun. If the M-12 Pinner works as good as it does, I think it will be a great tool. I have the Rigid 18v brad nailer and love it, it still is a bit bulky for some jobs though. I still have my pneumatic ones for those times. I may consider one of the new cordless compressors as a compromise to buying more nail guns though. Dan

I have the Milwaukee 18 ga. Fuel cordless and it works great. I got it for an indoor project, but now it's my go-to. Now I'm probably going to get the pin nailer. I have Pasload nailers, but the battery ones are just too easy. I do have 12v and 18v Milwaukee drills and drivers, so I went with Milwaukee.