Thread: Porter Cable Omnijig

Porter Cable Omnijig

I’m trying to do some shop cleaning.

I’ve had this for probably 25 years. It’s been sitting in my garage for the last 20. Surface rust and some pitting on the cast iron parts. Cast aluminum is perfect. Perfectly usable, although I certainly don’t remember how to use it.

I want to get rid of it. It’s really heavy and I don’t think shipping is a viable option, so I’ll list it locally. My question is, is this an obsolete piece of equipment with obsolete accessories, or is this still a desirable top of the line piece of equipment with expensive accessories? The accessories are cast aluminum - heavy duty but relatively light. Should I list those for shipping and just trash the base?

Thanks for any advice.

David

645663FE-C2CA-462E-B9C9-85A6C21DC927.jpg

E3122DF9-6727-4EBE-800E-C071F0169C5F.jpg

08B1493A-9B1E-414F-9BD1-F5F4B7B85F3F.jpg

C351F0A7-0C84-4554-97D7-9ADB235AE374.jpg

That's a nice jig. It would be ashamed for it not to find a new life. Post your zip code and the size of the package and let potential buyers decide if it's worth shipping. Shipping is going to be based on what size box you can get it into. I've been selling boxes of 6 undermount drawer slides that will ship anywhere in the states for $19 since I figured out how to get them into a priority shipping box.

Price it up for what you want and let the buyer pay shipping. Give it a good try first before throwing something that useable away
    For example I bought a Leigh 24" dovetail jig off of here some years ago and had shipped to me for approx. 60 dollars. Yours looks like a 16" so think it would be less
    Good luck

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I haven’t used mine in a few years but the PC 5116 Omnijig is one of the best DT jigs made, second only to the Leigh D4R, IMO. You have a nice selection of templates that are nearly impossible to find today. The instructional video is on YouTube. Not many of us have VHS machines anymore.
    Put a price on it and post it in the classifieds forum. You have nothing to lose.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

One of the "Top of the Line" jigs... too good to trash.... find someone who makes dovetails, finger joints, etc and sell/give to them...
    Check with your local high school or community college to see if they have a woodworking class... give it to them ??

I had the 16" model that I sold a while back with several of the templates. I had a bunch of people that wanted the templates. Probably could have made more money selling the templates and giving the jig away then sell it all together and shipping it :-)

i sold a 16" last year for $75.00 and replaced with a 24" omni jig . The templates are impossible to get anymore . They are probably worth more than the jig itself