Thread: Trotec 360 Not Firing

Trotec 360 Not Firing

We have two speedy 360's. Yesterday the laser quit firing after a lens and mirror cleaning. It has over 2500 hours on the laser head as we use both our lasers 10 to 12 hours a day. The laser in question has the JC Vision and the other does not.

How do you check to see if the power supply is good or bad?

Is it possible to install Vision on the other Laser?

Would you recommend refurbing the laser since Trotec Atlanta is an hour away.

Whats the best way to use registration marks to do a print cut without Vision until I can get online with my other laser?

Is their a severvice manual available for the 360 like the 300?

Any and All solutions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You, David

Best I can tell the laser pointer on these machines is 'integral' and follows the mirrors same as the main beam- if so, it is still working okay?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Hi Kev
    Yes the pointer is still working. Just the main Laser not firing.
    Thanks for replying

Its most likely 1 of 2 things:

1.) A power supply has failed, or the voltage setting is low enough that the laser cannot fire. Keep in mind, I am not a Trotec tech, but you should be able to check the voltage by removing the power supply cover and placing an ohm meter on each power supply. I believe you need to disconnect the load on each one but leave the supply. Bigger wattage lasers will have 3 power supplies, smaller will have 2. There is a small adjustment phillips screw that will let you increase/decrease the voltage, it's very sensitive, so be careful if messing with that. If the Ohm meter combined with the adjustment screw will not let you get close to the voltage for your machine think 5v off or more than it is probably a bad power supply.

2.) Failed laser tube, there is a leak in the laser tube or something else going on with it. Id remove the cover for the laser on the back of the machine and see if you can see any lights or anything that would be an indication of the laser working or not working, there is also a magnifying lens right by the laser beam that maybe should be checked as well, but I wouldn't mess with it too much, just a quick visual inspection for a crack or obstruction. For emergency replacement I'd call either the tube manufacturer or Trotec, if its not a rush I hear great things about Evergreen laser. Evergreen would probably be my first call to get a timeline as they will be your cheapest option.

I'd call Trotec, a tech should be able to help solve find the problems and phone service I believe is included with the machine.

Ive tried to upload a picture of the power supply test procedure and its not going on the site, just PM me and ill send you a service manual.
    Last edited by Chase Williams; 08-27-2021 at 9:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Williams View Post
    I am not a Trotec tech, but you should be able to check the voltage by removing the power supply cover and placing an ohm meter on each power supply. I believe you need to disconnect the load on each one but leave the supply.
    8^( You definitely do NOT want to connect an ohm meter across the power supply, regardless of whether you disconnect the load first. A volt meter (or VOM/volt-ohm-milliameter set to volt mode) yes, but an ohm meter (or VOM set to anything but volts)... NO! Also, unless it is a digital autoranging volt meter, set it to a higher range (max voltage) than the voltage of the power supply.

Sorry mixed up my stuff. Volt meter.

Thanks guys. I believe it's the power supply. I figured a work around without using the camera. I've been working my butt off trying to keep up though. The camera is a time saver when you do the loads of print/cut we do.

I've tried for a solid week to get Trotec to repair my laser. The emailed me back with a 1700.00 charge to do PM on my lasers. One only has 65 hours on it! I told them I needed the laser repaired and also inquired about two 1.5 lens and the Vision Camera kit for my working 360.

I wish there were someone other than Trotec. I can't pay 1700.00 just to get in the door to look at my Laser. I could , but I won't. Thanks everyone for the help. Thanks Chase. I knew what you meant and how to check it. I didn't fry myself. lol

Hey Davy, I might be able to help you guys figure out how to get it going if its not already and help on the lens. Give me a shout 888.220.7208 ext: *101