Thread: Great customer service by Felder

Great customer service by Felder

Yesterday I was ripping some long 5/4 maple boards on my Felder FB 510 bandsaw when the upper tire self-destructed. I wasn't doing anything unusual and the event itself wasn't too dramatic, but it did take the machine out of service at a time that I needed it. I did a quick check online and read (on an old Sawmill Creek post, of course) that this is a common problem on the 2019 build of this model and that Felder was providing free replacements when required. I then used the Felder online portal to describe my problem, and asked that they email me back with their response. An hour later, I got a call from one of their techs (sorry, I've forgotten his name). He was polite, professional and knowledgeable. He told me that this is a known issue, that they kept extra in stock because of this, and promised to get a replacement out asap. 90 minutes later I had a UPS shipping notification in my inbox and today, approximately 25 hours after I first notified them of my problem, the new tire was delivered.

I've been really impressed with the performance of this saw since I picked it up (used) late last year, but the quality of this customer support has just blown me away!

Pete

Good to hear, the 510 is one of my favourite saws….Rod

I've always found their customer service to be great. Not that I've needed it at all since commissioning of my machines, as they have worked perfectly. Plus Erik is here, which is a great plus. Just a real quality company, IMHO.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

glad to hear that
    A machine from Felder is on my list and every time I get enough money set aside "life" happens and the money is gone again.
    Ron