Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for plane storage

I never worry about rust. When the toolboxes get dirty, I just set them outside, and hose them off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I never had an issue with rust until I installed a mini split in the garage. Yesterday it rained, and after I parked my car in the garage I noticed that a mirror on the wall had fogged up. Checked the chisels and they also were coated with mist.

For planes, I built the hanging tool chest from a Mike Pekovich article in Fine Woodworking, and his dimensions for the dividers were perfect for all of the planes I had and later acquired. Maybe because they were in cubby holes they didn’t fog up like the chisels, but I guess I am going to need to keep the cabinet doors closed from now on if I have the mini split cooling garage in the summer.

Thanks-at least this points me in some kind of direction.
    I have the Milwaukee packout system but it wouldn't be doable financially - that party's over unfortunately.
    I like the toolbox idea though-the Dewalt boxes are *much* less expensive.
    Haven't been here for a few days so I don't remember if I mentioned it but *very" fortunately we have forced air so moisture isn't a problem.

Thanks all, appreciate it!

Rich