Thread: Are these items CNC related?

Are these items CNC related?

Sorry for the simple question, but I picked up these items at an auction and I知 pretty sure they are for CNC but I知 not sure. I am not looking for an estimate but would like a know a coulle
    places to sell them. Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes and no. The whiteside stuff can go both ways but the rest is definitely cnc

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Sorry for the simple question, but I picked up these items at an auction and I’m pretty sure they are for CNC but I’m not sure. I am not looking for an estimate but would like a know a coulle
    places to sell them. Thx

The collets, collet nuts and collet wrench are most likely for one of the larger water cooled spindles (4-5HP range). All of the other router bits are high quality. You can check the Whiteside site or Amazon to find out what the current retail prices are for the router bits. You could advertise in the SMC classified section, or list them somewhere like Ebay (they take 15% fee) or Craigslist.

David

Collets and nuts appear to be for a Dewalt 611.

Agreed. I googled one of the parts and it mentioned Dewalt.

Lots of usable stuff there, Matt! ANy tooling that does NOT have a bearing or provisions for one can usually be used with a CNC. The collets are high-quality stuff from Precise Bits/Tinker and Tinker in Colorado...they are my go-to for tiny tooling. I think you made a good score there, my friend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the details Jim. I bought way too much stuff at this auction so I値l be unloading a lot. Most I値l try locally so I don稚 have to ship so much, but this stuff will be shipped most likely.

Good to see you here, and on the Ascent group!

Thanks, Matt. Small world sometimes. You definitely have some marketable stuff there and I hope you'll leverage the Classifieds when you're ready to cull what you don't need.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Bits are sold, but if anyone needs chucks for a DeWalt 611 please see my Classified Ad here at the 'Creek.. Sorry for the advertising, just not sure how populist the classifieds are in this group.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-14-2021 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Pointed to classifieds