Thread: Current better choices for table saw miter bars?

Current better choices for table saw miter bars?

I picked up a pre-owned cabinet saw to use in my temporary shop this weekend and a miter bar was not part of the package. Since I have been using a slider since the mid-2000s (and will go back to that when I have a building up), I've not been paying attention to the aftermarket miter setup. What products should I be considering to cover this need...not uber-expensive, but anyone who knows me understands that I place a higher priority on quality than bottom line price. If it matters, the saw is a PCS that's a few years old. I do intend to utilize sleds a lot, but there are some tasks that are best suited to the more traditional miter fixture.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

PM me if you are interested in a Delta or Incra 1000HD.

Happy with an Incra 1000HD, when I need to cut an angle less than 90 degrees, but still use a couple of cross sleds for my 90 degree cuts.

Incra miter gauge. You will appreciate the accuracy. The usual complaint with incra products is that they require a hex driver to adjust and have a million little fidget and adjust points. I don’t suspect that will be daunting for you and that u will appreciate the adjustability this allows.

As I had mentioned to you, for a sawstop owner, the aluminum fence will trip the brake. So it behooves you to make an auxiliary wood fence - which you’d want anyway for zero clearance cutting.

Blog Entries
    I have the Incra1000HD. If I am making a picture frame or building something where I want a perfect 45, I bring out the Incra.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Blog Entries
    I really like my Kreg miter gauge. It has shot pin accuracy for common woodworking angles.

+1 on the Incra guage. But for just bars to use on jigs, I like the ones by Kreg.

Seems like the "I"s have it. LOL

Prashun, I did take note and understand that information....I always used an auxiliary fence with a cabinet saw when I had one previously. I didn't need to do that with the slider because the zero clearance was either plastic/wood, depending on whether I was using OEM or shop made.
    --

I haven't done this on my Incra 1000HD but I'm sure others have previously as a solution to keeping an allen wrench handy. I've used them other places with good results.

https://www.mcmaster.com/Adjustable-...table-handles/

I switched from the Incra 1000se to the Osborne EB3 several years ago as I felt, and still do, that the triangle support arm makes for a more stable fence.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I have an Incra 1000SE and a V 27 mitre gauge, both are capable of good work. These are risers 2" thick by 12 Diam. The fit was right on even with 2" thick material, poplar.20210621_104606_resized.jpg20210624_170138_resized.jpg
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

Thanks again for the Incra recommendations. I scored a NIB Incra 1000se from another 'Creeker a few minutes ago. It will do the job for what I need.
    --

For quality/value miter gauges - either Kreg or Incra. For slider bars, the same and also consider Micro-Jig.
    Last edited by Curt Putnam; 08-09-2021 at 10:41 PM.