Thread: Caradco Window Replacement

Caradco Window Replacement

My house has about 30 Caradco, double hung sash windows. Of these, about 7 have blown glass seals.

The frames and sashes are all solid and show no sign of weather deterioration.

Jeld-Wen bought Caradco several years ago, but they stopped making the model I have back in 2018.

They put me forward to a company, Fenster, just north of Indianapolis, that makes many replacement windows, for several companies, that have been discontinued.

I tried to fill out the Fenster online quote/order form, but am really not sure I'm supplying the correct information.

So after about 10 email exchanges and several attempts to call them, I'm now looking for an alternative company that can supply. They refuse to call me to resolve the order details.

Thanks

Are you replacing the window or the glass? Any glass shop should be able to supply replacement thermopane glass panels assuming the windows are designed so that the glass is replaceable. No need to go to a window company if the glass is replaceable.

Ideally, it's just the glass, but I figured if I could get drop in replacements, that were with budget, that's the direction I would go, probably even buying a few more than currently needed.

I do need to call a local glass company and get their opinion.

I would just replace the glass.

There's a good chance a local glass company could install the new glass in the existing Windows in place or you could remove the windows and have them do it in their shop to save a few bucks.

Blog Entries
    I agree with the others, a local glass company can replace thermal pane windows (sealed glass). They will come to your location to measure and install. Or, you can take the panels to them, your cost will vary accordingly.

If you're unable to replace just the glass, Marvin used to make just replacement sashes to custom measurements. That might be worth looking into, if the glass doesn't pan out.