Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knee Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    bruce when they do your brain make sure the jar doesnt say AB Normal

Attachment 464093
    But it was on clearance.....open box return.

im pretty sure they have a no return policy on brains.

As an update the Doctor released me for full duty on Thursday the 16th. I returned to work Friday. My knee was at 113 degrees also on Friday. I plan to work until October 4th and then take my 5 weeks vacation and then retire.

Glad you are well! Sounds like a good plan, too!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    This week, wife started getting serious about getting hers replaced. So we will be the bionic couple at some point in the future. For me it was RT elbow - 1978, both knees - 2013, and brain transplant - pending
    Local orthopedics is my 2nd home... had so many procedures done, pinched nerves fixed, shots, etc. that I changed my email to steveaustin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    As an update the Doctor released me for full duty on Thursday the 16th. I returned to work Friday. My knee was at 113 degrees also on Friday. I plan to work until October 4th and then take my 5 weeks vacation and then retire.
    Now THAT is a great reward for a successful surgery!! Congrats all around!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Glad to hear things are better Ron!

I have both knees needing it.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Glad to hear things are better Ron!

I have both knees needing it.
    The Doctor told me typical life is 15 years. However if the knee is monitored properly they can simply replace the "plastic" wear strips which is minor. But if it wears into the metal then they have to do a total replacement. The therapy is critical as others have said. The goal is 120 degrees and I'm pushing to attain that. The Doctor also said expect good days and not so good days for the next 6 months until everything is basically where it will be. Understandably this is a significant surgery so it takes time for everything to recover. Good luck if you go forward with yours Ken.

I plan to work until October 4th and then take my 5 weeks vacation and then retire.
    Hey, that's only two weeks away! Congrats on both the knee and retirement

The Doctor told me typical life is 15 years.
    Don't take this as "fact." My right elbow has a life expectancy of 15 years also. Got 41+ years on it right now. Unfortunately, eight year old knees need some tuning up.

Blog Entries
    As I recall, you need 120 degrees to rise from a chair without pus Hong off. You are close!