Thread: Kreg Accu-cut saw guide

Kreg Accu-cut saw guide

Anybody tried this yet? Pros? cons?

https://www.kregtool.com/shop/cuttin...372.1628087631

Carl I have not tried one of these, but it looks like a cheaper alternative to a tracksaw. If most of your cuts are 50'' or less I think it would work .

Heres a previous thread. It's short but might help a little. LINK
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Carl I have not tried one of these, but it looks like a cheaper alternative to a tracksaw. If most of your cuts are 50'' or less I think it would work .
    I have one. I have only used it a couple of times. There is some slop in the track but it still seemed to cut a straight line. The vertical cut was canted a little. I checked my saw and it was at 90 degrees. I haven’t tracked down the reason yet. Overall it works good enough. I don’t need a track saw that often.
    Last edited by Charlie Jones; 08-06-2021 at 7:41 PM.
    Charlie Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Jones View Post
    I have one. I have only used it a couple of times. There is be some slop in the track but it still seemed to cut a straight line. The vertical cut was canted a little. I checked my saw and it was at 90 degrees. I have tracked down the reason yet. Overall it works good enough. I don’t need a track saw that often.
    Thanks, I might give it a try

I have used their Rip Guide, it really needed a way to make a zero clearance for the saw blade. It worked well. You might look at the system from BORA it seems to be similar price range. I myself sold the rip guide and went with the TrueTrac system. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    I have used their Rip Guide, it really needed a way to make a zero clearance for the saw blade. It worked well. You might look at the system from BORA it seems to be similar price range. I myself sold the rip guide and went with the TrueTrac system. Dan
    Thanks very much