Thread: Mini gun recommendation for turbine setup

Mini gun recommendation for turbine setup

I just picked up a turbine HVLP setup and need to get a mini-gun for it to get into some nooks and crannies that I can't maneuver with the full size gun. I didn't realize the turbine setup uses a different type of gun than a run of the mill compressor driven HVLP setup. Does anyone have any recommendations on guns? I'm looking for as small as I can go while still having fan control and tip options.

Yes, Turbines use a different format of gun from a conversion gun does. Brand may also matter. One thing you need to pay attention to as you shop for a smaller gun to use in tight spaces is that many smaller guns also are optimized for thinner materials. Be sure that the N/N sizings available for the fun are appropriate for the finishes you're going to be using. You may want to contact Jeff Jewitt at Homestead Finishing to get advice on this, too, in addition to commentary you receive here.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yes, Turbines use a different format of gun from a conversion gun does. Brand may also matter. One thing you need to pay attention to as you shop for a smaller gun to use in tight spaces is that many smaller guns also are optimized for thinner materials. Be sure that the N/N sizings available for the fun are appropriate for the finishes you're going to be using. You may want to contact Jeff Jewitt at Homestead Finishing to get advice on this, too, in addition to commentary you receive here.
    Thanks for the recommendation on Homestead Finishing, I'll ping them as well. Fuji makes a touch up gun that looks pretty small though it comes with a 1.0 tip which definitely wouldn't fly for me and the extra 1.8mm seems hard to find.

Bleeder or non-bleeder style?

For example : https://www.turbineproducts.com/spra...ch-up-gun-cup/

$150 but similar to above comes with 1mm N/N. Says other sizes available. I would bet this is a bleeder style gun, only because their other larger turbine HVLP guns are bleeder style.

Alternatively, you can get from them a kit, $20, to make their cup-under gun a remote cup gun. That may give you enough working room. But does mean there is an extra hose to deal with.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.