Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forrest blade stiffener is it a knockoff?

Sorry, I thought that it was verified to be a knock off. No w that it is legit its a keeper.

Thanks for the update, Zach. 'Glad to hear it's legit. Enjoy!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My question is "What kind of blade are you running that needs a stiffener?" The only good use I have ever found for a stiffener, is to off set arbor nut where threads are worn down.

Glad you updated your post; I buy frequently from Amazon.

I’m glad as well to hear that it is a legitimate Forrest product.
    Chuck Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    My question is "What kind of blade are you running that needs a stiffener?" The only good use I have ever found for a stiffener, is to off set arbor nut where threads are worn down.
    It's true that for general cutting, particularly with a full kerf blade, there's not a whole lot of benefit to the stiffener. There is some benefit when running thin kerf blades to add some strength...maybe reduce a little vibration/runout due to the nature of thinner steel, etc. Objective and Subjective kinda balance things out. There's never any harm in using one, other than potentially limiting depth of cut. I did use one back when I had a contractor's style saw and ran thin kerf blades. There was a perceivable difference, albeit slight, in quality of cut.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Particularly useful applications are thin kerf blades in radial arm saws or SCMS setups. The stiffener can reduce cut depth as Jim says, but the cut quality can be increased with reduced blade wobble/vibration/chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post