Thread: Need A Handle

Need A Handle

I got this high rise bandsaw tensioner a long time ago and forgot what it's called and who it's made by. The handle broke and I need a new one. So where can I get that new handle?

IMG_0248.jpg
    WoodsShop

Your scrap bin, make your own out of scrap hardwood or plywood.

I replaced the one on my Delta band saw with a 4" diameter hand wheel with a revolving handle. I got mine from MSC, but there are many other sources.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Wood View Post
    I got this high rise bandsaw tensioner a long time ago and forgot what it's called and who it's made by. The handle broke and I need a new one. So where can I get that new handle?

IMG_0248.jpg
    Looks like a ratcheting handle to me. I used a piece of rod, and threaded lower portion, and added a hand wheel at the top. A hint for 14" band saws is if your tension rod drills thru casting, tap and thread a grade 8 bolt into hole for rod to bear upon. When I made mine, I added a piece of antifreeze jug under rod where bears against the frame. Rounded bottom end of rod, so as to not wear out this expensive bearing.

yeah I'd really like to just order that part. Doesn't anyone now who makes that whole assembly?
    WoodsShop