Interesting problem/s that I was kinda scratching my head about.

1. During raster operation, if I have multiple workpieces to engrave with the same graphic, sometimes the machine will engrave about halfway down the first row, skip down to the next one, and continue the graphic as if it were on the first row still. But if I only use a single row, multiple pieces placed along the X axis, it doesn't do anything like this.

2. During vector operation, the machine will sometimes start on a line, then stop and just head straight down the X axis, either left or right, with the laser burning a continuous horizontal line to the edge of the machine travel. Only does it if I put any graphics past the 13" or so line in the X axis.

Combined, these issues mean my 32x20 machine is really more like 13x10 machine.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the Y axis motor or the Y axis motor encoder?

I replaced the X axis (raster back and forth) motor a couple of years ago. It still feels good. The Y axis has a couple of "spots" of minor resistance. Repeatable when moving the gantry fore and aft at about the same spots.

I hope that's the problem. If its bad memory or something on the motherboard, I think that probably means the laser is just on death row.

What are yalls thoughts? Thanks in advance.