Thread: IR Extender

IR Extender

Has anyone used one of these or similar to extend an infrared remote signal to a DC? I was looking at getting a Long Ranger but got to thinking an IR signal should be an IR signal. Thoughts?

IR Extender.JPG
    Regards,

Kris

An IR repeater would be useful if your remote is IR, and the DC is in a closet. But many remote controls for dust collectors use radio, not IR. Penn State carefully says their Long Ranger controls use radio, not IR. My DC has a remote switch from Woodcraft. It uses radio too.

Remote is IR. DC is in the garage adjacent to shop. I am just trying to confirm there is nothing different about the signal for different devices. I would rather not spend the money on a switch (radio or otherwise) to handle 240 volts if I can employ a simple extender.
    Regards,

Kris

Use an IR extender for our stereo in the house... both receiver & transmitter operate on 110vac so do not have to worry about batteries...

It is the X10 system and have been using it for about 15-20 years with no problem

https://smile.amazon.com/X10-Powermi...4-3e7a9c0027d0

You can also buy it direct from X10.com

As a side note..... the link goes to smile.amazon.... if you buy from amazon and have a favorite charity, a small part of each purchase will go to that charity....

IR Extenders for DC

I ended up getting these guys.

Transmitter
    20211209_161423small.jpg

Receiver
    20211209_161451small.jpg

They are tiny but work great. I can hit them from anywhere in the shop. They also come with plug in cords to extend the signal. I didn't need them but they could be useful to go inside a cabinet, for instance.
    Regards,

Kris